Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Open Minded Moms!

To disable ads, please log-in.

Gah! I feel like there are times that I am one of the open minded moms in my group. I get crap because I am a professional belly dancer here in VA (we dance at Wolf Trap this weekend!) as well as being a Passion Party consultant.

NOT only that, I have my professional job during the day in veterinary medicine.

There are times that I feel like I am the only one that juggles literally 3 jobs, maintain a smile, and try to shield off the glares of the moms out there that just don't get it.

Sheesh... anyone ever feel the same?

I am really looking for some open-mined northern VA moms out there! Ride and play time for kids perhaps?
    Giant OCR 1W
    www.amcgltd.com
    Licensed Vet Tech as my full time Job (14 years)
    Professional Belly Dancer (7 years)
    PROUD mom of a 2.5 year old
    Independent Passion Consultant (Northern VA, DC, MD area)
    http://ellencarozza.yourpassionconsultant.com/

Riding my Luna & Rivendell in the Hudson Valley, NY
    Everyone is different.
    Probably some of those moms you think don't 'get it' are thinking that you don't 'get it'. Or that they are open minded and you are not. The strange fact is, most people consider themselves to be "open minded". You'd be hard pressed to find anyone who describes themselves as "closed minded".
    The very term 'open minded' is somewhat nebulous to define, and therefore has limited use when seeking 'other open minded people'. Perhaps it might be more effective to be more specific when seeking kindred souls.

Things appear differently from different viewpoints, and we all enjoy various interests and activities. Happily, we are not all the same.
    I think many many people these days feels like they are juggling way too many jobs/responsibilities. Especially difficult when you have small children.

Rather than feeling bad about feeling like an outsider around people you have little in common with, it might be more worthwhile to focus on finding one or two friends you can really connect with. You're likely to find these kindred people amongst groups doing particular things that interest you, as opposed to seeking them among generic groups such as simply groups of 'moms'.
    Last edited by BleeckerSt_Girl; 09-10-2008 at 05:37 PM.
    Lisa
    My mountain dulcimer network...FOTMD.com...and my mountain dulcimer blog
    My personal blog:My blog
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

thanks for the advice! I most appreciate it!
    Giant OCR 1W
    www.amcgltd.com
    Licensed Vet Tech as my full time Job (14 years)
    Professional Belly Dancer (7 years)
    PROUD mom of a 2.5 year old
    Independent Passion Consultant (Northern VA, DC, MD area)
    http://ellencarozza.yourpassionconsultant.com/