Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

SI Signo or Prolink light gel

To disable ads, please log-in.

I am using a SI SLR right now with the cutout, it's close. I was looking at these two for a little more width. Anyone tried these? Andrea, my money is on you. Help?

Sorry- The only SI I've used is the Shiver.
    Because not every fast cyclist is a toothpick...

Brick House Blog

I know this post is older, but I'll chime in....

OK, my bike is un-rideable atm due to another lbs mechanic mishap, grrr. However, I do have both these saddle on my dr table. I took each for just a quick neighborhood spin as I realized my bike my not right from the shop, and had to stop til I go back in. Will post more later as I think both these saddles have potential from all I have tried. Actually, these two are the last of all the SI line that are 140 plus, I've seen them all...

The Signo at frst I thought would be an immediate return. It's rock hard, looks pretty narrow for 143, and slants downward at the platform, vs flat. BUT.... I actually was shocked at how it fit my sitz bones. I mean shocked as in a good way. As I noticed my bike was going weird, I switched up to the ProLink. It's pretty good too compared to the others.

The ProLink is more padded than the Signo. It's like a lady SI SLR, but the nose seems skinner. The cut out is different. Less hole space, and more filled in saddle surface.

Great narrow noses on both these saddles as they are mens. No inner thigh chaffing, or instant rub where the top of the hams meet the glutes.

But... wider than the SI SLR mens, which is about 130 if I recall. That I know for sure is too narrow for me. I'm about 140 sitz bones.

I really have been thinking all along I needed wider. Now, I'm thinking the winner saddle for this "lady" in the end might indeed be a "mens".

Go figure...

Thanks for the response. I should have updated as I wound up trying both of these saddles. The signo was cool looking but more rounded and flexable than I cared for. It went back. The prolink I really gave a workout but the cutout was way too narrow. I did like the seat end but the nose killed me with numbness. I have actually found joy with a specialized ruby 143. I was taunted by my husband who loves his toupe and bought the ruby. Love it. It looks scary but has just the right amount of everything for me. Good luck.

Glad you found something that makes your backside happy!

I thought I'd add to the SI discussion:
    I got an SLR Lady a few weeks ago & it's been tolerable so far. Unlike the standard SLR, they added some extra padding (it's a women's saddle... we obviously want extra padding, right?!?!?!). The cutout is a nice size, but it does get a little Terry-ish in that the padding can collapse in to the cutout area & cause some numbness. The padding also makes my seatbone area go numb (kind of how the flexible shell of the Ruby did), but I can avoid it by standing up periodically during my rides after the first hour or so.

I still want a 155mm plain carbon fiber saddle with a cutout. Enough with the padding already!!!!
    Because not every fast cyclist is a toothpick...

Brick House Blog

hey

Andrea, do let those of us who have the same sit bone measurements know

Andrea, when I was shopping for my husbands TT bike, I went to the Specialized Toupe section. They have a less padded version (super light) and still in the three toupe sizes. Have you seen those? It just doesn't have the gel, I believe.