Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

To disable ads, please log-in.

Ok week for me...

Sun 28th-16 miles on Onyx at the Great Dismal Swamp.
    Mon 29th- butt kicking boot camp
    Tues-30th- off
    Wed 1st- butt kicking boot camp
    Thurs 2nd- 2 mile walk w/ the pup at the oceanfront boardwalk
    Fri 3rd- butt kicking boot camp
    Sat 4th- 3 mile "Making Strides Against Breast Cancer Walk"
    Sun 5th- 10 mile leisurely ride on the hybrid, 2.5 mile walk w/ the pup at the oceanfront boardwalk.

HORRIBLE week

Alright, I've been dreading sending in this post. For some reason I really lost steam last week. Of course, it didn't help that we had a family birthday and I was preparing for / dealing with company in from out of town. I think it became all too easy to use those as an excuse for not working out. Can anyone relate? On the up side....my house got a super cleaning that it really needed!

Sun 9/28 - 17:30 cardio warm up on treadmill (10-12% incline)
    total body strength training

Mon 9/29 - 3.2 mile walk
    49 pushups

Tues / Wed - off

Thurs 10/2 - 18 min cardio warm up on treadmill (10-12% incline)
    core and lower body strength training
    53 pushups

Fri 10/3 - off

Saturday -pushups 58

I only really worked out three days! Well, maybe the mental break will keep me psyched up for the rest of the month of October. I also have a question for you all...Do you have a different "winter weight" goal than you would have for "summer weight"? The weather got cold here for the first time this season and I was reminded how much my appetite goes up. I was wondering if I should give myself a couple of pounds of leeway for the winter months?
    "For God did not give us a spirit of timidity but a spirit of power, of love and of self discipline." 2 Timothy 1:7

My nifty new Polar tells me:

4 workouts (ran 10.4 miles total and commuted home 27 miles one day)
    4 hours 5 minutes of activity
    2392 calories burnt, alright too bad I ate Mexican, Pizza and had beer this weekend.

In addition to the 2- 5ks, 1 - 4 miler and the commuting I did pushups twice, a ton of yard work Friday night and Saturday plus walked around for 3 hours at a Wildlife Expo Saturday afternoon.
    Amanda

2011 Specialized Epic Comp 29er | Specialized Phenom | "Marie Laveau"
    2007 Cannondale Synapse Carbon Road | Selle Italia Lady Gel Flow | "Miranda"

You don't have to be great to get started, but you do have to get started to be great. -Lee J. Colan

3for3- To answer your question regarding winter weight vs summer weight... I have no idea. I've lost about 45 lbs in the last year and before then didn't pay much attention to my health and fitness levels for about 10 years. Until I reach my goal weight I wont know for sure... Just gotta keep plugging along until then!

FYI... this wasn't a good week for me. I am not looking forward to posting my workouts on Sunday...

Bump. Last week wasn't good for me:

4 runs- 3.2, 2-ish, 2.4, 3.2

Some very light yard work. I am fighting allergy season and it zaps my motivation. Still moved forward towards the weight loss goal. I think this week will be a bust too since I am going out of town. I will take my running shoes though.
    Amanda

You don't have to be great to get started, but you do have to get started to be great. -Lee J. Colan

I basically took last week off.... I know. Shame on me...
    Andrea

1988 Bridgestone mixte
    2002 Trek 2200
    2011 Surly Long Haul Trucker

*Bump*

Let me bring my shame to the table. Week of 10/13-10/19:

Thursday- Ran 3.2 miles. Good time on the run.

And that is IT!! Back in the swing of things though, I ran last night and will likely ride tonight. But wow, one day? I still lost 2 lbs on my weight watchers weigh in, maybe my body was needing a break.
    Amanda