Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

honda fit bike rack

To disable ads, please log-in.

i am looking for a bike rack for my Honda Fit...actually, i guess I am looking for a hitch to put on my honda fit (2007) so i can get a bike rack. Roof racks are impossible for me to use. Anyone out there done this already ... and can vouch for a brand? k

Yakima comes to mind.

I recently looked into this kind of a rack:
    http://www.raxterracks.com A friend has one on his Miata and it's very nice.
    Live with intention. Walk to the edge. Listen hard. Practice wellness. Play with abandon. Laugh. Choose with no regret. Continue to learn. Appreciate your friends. Do what you love. Live as if this is all there is.

--Mary Anne Radmacher

I just have a normal Saris Bones rack on my fit, no problem fitting it to the hatchback.

i have saris bones, but my fit has one of those darn spoilers on it and people are telling me the weight of the bike will take the spoiler off....Does your fit have a spoiler on it?

Between the Blue Ridge and the Chesapeake Bay
    I'd be interested in why you need a rack with the Fit. Everyone raves about how great the Fit is because you can carry bikes inside. Is your experience different?

NO, mine does not have the spoiler. I can carry my bike just laid down with the rear seats down without removing the front wheel, or behind the front seats by putting the rear seats cushions up and taking the rear wheel off. If I put one of those fork mounts in I could also easily get two in standing up with the rear seats down, but since I already had the saris bones rack I just use that to have other cargo options inside the vehicle.

I love my FIT so much I just pre-ordered a 2009 FIT for my daugther. We were gonna wait until she graduated, but she has a part time job that she needs the car to get to, and a promise of a great after college job at the same place so we thought why not get it now.

I put a Yakima rack on the roof of my Fit. I'm 5'4" and have no difficulty loading my bikes. I also regularly put my bike inside the car, especially if I am leaving for an early am ride.

There's a Fit I see around town that has a bike hitch rack on it. It seems to sit low to the ground. I'd be concerned about bottoming it out.

At my last tri a saw a Fit with a bike in the back, upright, with both wheels on. Even kept one usable back seat in place. It was amazing.
    I'd rather be swimming...biking...running...and eating cheesecake...
    --===--

2008 Cervelo P2C Tri bike
    2011 Trek Madone 5.5/Cobb V-Flow Max
    2007 Jamis Coda/Terry Liberator
    2011 Trek Mamba 29er

A friend of ours drives a Fit, and has a hitch rack. We emailed her your question and she replied "There are hitches available for all years of the Honda Fit (it’s the Honda “Jazz” in Europe, BTW) – any good truck/van shop will be able to order one. Mine was $199 installed – it came from “Van Specialties” in Lake Oswego".

We're going to test drive a Fit in the next week or so. We're shopping for a new car, and it's high on our list.

Edna

it has been so hot here in dallas that I haven't tried to load my bike in. But i am thinking in terms of going to a rally with a friend or two and a rack would be nice in the long run. Also, my bike has a rather large basket on the front (commuter) not easily removed. And I am not, alas, handy or mechanically minded so taking the back wheel off is not something I want to do.

So, I thought --the car is new (to me, anyways) i'll get a hitch and make life easier.

Lifting is an issue for me, too...not so strong. . . thus i didn't want a roof rack. keep the ideas coming in! thanks. k

Honda ought to be able to install fork mounts inside for you. The you'd just need to remove the front wheel. Is that any easier?

Honda Fit Sport Hitch Rack

Hi Kpokla- Maybe you don't even have your Fit Sport anymore, but I just passed by your post and wanted to give the info I found on a hitch for the Honda Sport Fit in case anyone else needs it: This is a site that sells a hitch for the Honda Sport and has a short videuo that shows how it is installed. Even if you are not insatlling it yourself, the video is worth seeing so that you can see how simple it is to install (takes about 5 minutes for a professional) once the car is on a lift, so that you won't be ripped off by someone telling you how complicated or time consuming it is...
    http://www.etrailer.com/Trailer-Hitc...eid=2011208568

hahaha Japarider, that is not something just anyone could do, but thanks for sharing!
    I like Bikes - Mimi
    Watercolor Blog

Davidson Custom Bike - Cavaletta
    Dahon 2009 Sport - Luna
    Old Raleigh Mixte - Mitzi

We have the Thule Helium rack on our Fit and really like it. I ordered the hitch on line, and had it installed at the U-Haul dealer for about $50 bucks, as we are not handy people.

With the seats down, I could probably put my bike in the back of the Fit standing upright, but my husband's bike is too tall. I can definitely put it in laying flat without taking off wheels (a nice plus, since I hate having to take off the wheels).
    2016 Specialized Ruby Comp disc - Ruby Expert ti 155
    2010 Surly Long Haul Trucker - Jett 143

I have a Honda Accord with a hitch rack. (My next car will keep the bikes inside.)

Previously, we had a cheaper hitch rack that the secured the bikes while hanging off their top tubes. This was great, but didn't fold down and took up a lot of room in the garage.

We have started traveling farther for organized rides and my husband just upgraded to a carbon frame. Last summer we bought a Thule 916XTR (http://www.thule.com/en/US/Products/...20T2.aspx)with the bonus of folding up while in the garage.
    "Well-behaved women seldom make history." --Laurel Thatcher Ulrich

'09 Trek WSD 2.1 with a Brooks B-68 saddle
    '11 Trek WSD Madone 5.2 with Brooks B-17