Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

pictures of new LHT

To disable ads, please log-in.

So, she came while I was gone. I set her up today and took her for a test ride. She is the perfect size (phew!), I don't think I dig the saddle too much, but I'll give it some time. I really like the terry butterfly I have on my road bike, but I have coveted a brooks for a long time. I welcome any sort of input on that (specifically for touring bikes). She's such a boy bike at the moment. Does anyone know where I can get some magenta fenders, handlebar tape and water bottle holders? I think that would be just the right amount of girlishness. Anyway, in all her boyishness, here she is (her name is the great bluedini - after my all time favorite kool aid flavor).
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0340.jpg 
Views:	429 
Size:	28.5 KB 
ID:	6992   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0341.jpg 
Views:	432 
Size:	26.3 KB 
ID:	6993  

She's purdy!!!!!

How was the tour? Isn't that where you were???

SOMA makes pink fenders. I'm on the lookout for some for my cross check too

Fizik makes a pink, smooth bar tape. Very nice

Brooks on a touring bike:

The good:
    It's comfy.
    Your bars are usually about level, which lends itself to a Brooks.

The bad:
    Can be hard to keep in good shape in cruddy weather.

CA
    Most days in life don't stand out, But life's about those days that will...

Thanks for the beta on pink stuff Yup, I was on my tour. I posted a brief synopsis under the touring section. I haven't put pictures up yet. It's a little daunting to go throug all the picts and resize a bunch of them to post... but I will. It was an AWESOME trip! Austria is so safe and everyone there (that I met) was so friendly. I totally recommend the Danube River Trail if anyone is thinking about a good tour in Europe. More will be posted on the touring thread in the next day or two.

I love my LHT and I have a Brooks saddle with tan cork tape and silver Cascadia fenders with blue tweed bags front and back so I think yours will look much more girl like. Post pictures when she is all dolled up. I need to dress my Cross Check up soon. I need to get different bars first. Right now the CC has a bright pink Pretty and Strong headset so maybe pink fenders and other pink touches. We need pictures of all the dressed up Surlys!

Beautiful LHT! That's a lovely color. Congratulations!

I switched out the saddle my Surly came with immediately. (to a Brooks B67) Soma is also first on my list for good fender colors and other fun stuff: www.somafab.com They also have my favorite water bottles. My dog likes them too, and has enjoyed one of them pretty thoroughly...
    "If Americans want to live the American Dream, they should go to Denmark." - Richard Wilkinson

thanks! I checked out Soma's web site... nice! I think the blue would look nice with a nice honey colored brooks and then when I bang up the handlebar tape, I'll put brooks on there too (maybe). I am thinking maybe the silver Soma fenders? I'm not good at decorating at all

yes

silver will look nice.

Nice bike. I like the color. My son got his green LHT a couple of weeks ago. Seems to be a really nice bike. He got a laugh out of the "fit for fatties" logo on the bike. I'm pretty sure it refers to the bike fitting fatter tires, however in my son's case it seems a statement on his size and is indeed fitting! I think it is cool that the bike comes with extra spokes in their own holder. He hasn't had much time to get out and ride as he was moving last week, but thinks the stock saddle on his might have to go also. I'm trying to sway him towards a Brooks because they are so classy looking.
    "It's not how old you are, it's how you are old."
    SandyLS TeamTE BIANCHISTA

You can get some subtle touches at purelycustom.com. They have water bottle cages in lots of colors and many other things like headset caps, bar end caps and headset spacers. I think a few touches in pink or magenta would look good.
    Claudia

2009 Trek 7.6fx
    2013 Jamis Satellite
    2014 Terry Burlington