Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

When my money tree blooms...

To disable ads, please log-in.

I will get this bike. I saw it at the bike shop last weekend, I am not always a pink person but this bike just knocks my socks off. It is a lot of pink but so cool looking. Seeing as how just started riding hardtail after she sat in the garage for a year I am sure I don't need this much bike but you know if they money tree would just bloom I wouldn't have to care. And I also wouldn't have to care that I only want it for her looks.

Why did I start mountain biking, it gave me a whole new level of bike lust. *Sigh*
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	spec_safire_comp_pink_08_m.jpg 
Views:	303 
Size:	19.8 KB 
ID:	7006  
    Amanda

2011 Specialized Epic Comp 29er | Specialized Phenom | "Marie Laveau"
    2007 Cannondale Synapse Carbon Road | Selle Italia Lady Gel Flow | "Miranda"

You don't have to be great to get started, but you do have to get started to be great. -Lee J. Colan

Who on earth makes that bike?? I am SO not a pink person (just finished making fun of student who decks her black mare out in pink) but I LOVE that.
    Rockhopper, good ol boy that he is, is starting to show his age. Hmmm.

It is a Specialized Safire Comp, 2008 model. I am a picky pink person, I don't love it unconditionally but this one is really pretty in person.
    Amanda

You don't have to be great to get started, but you do have to get started to be great. -Lee J. Colan

foothills of the Ozarks aka Tornado Alley
    The Safires have the neatest paint jobs and definitely turn some heads. Just curious, have your tried the new Epic?

I am not getting a new bike anytime soon, unless my money tree blooms. My husband just got a new Stumpjumper FSR that was our big bike purchase for a while.

Plus I don't want a $2,200 bike until I know I really enjoy this, I barely spent that much on my road bike after riding over two years. But if money were to just fall in my lap I would get this bike, unless I didn't like the ride. My little Scott Contessa is doing great and she was only $200.
    Amanda

Let's see, Christmas isn't too far away.

Quote Originally Posted by Aggie_Ama View Post
    I am not getting a new bike anytime soon, unless my money tree blooms. My husband just got a new Stumpjumper FSR that was our big bike purchase for a while.

Plus I don't want a $2,200 bike until I know I really enjoy this, I barely spent that much on my road bike after riding over two years. But if money were to just fall in my lap I would get this bike, unless I didn't like the ride. My little Scott Contessa is doing great and she was only $200.

evil laugh... just think how much more you'd enjoy it on a $2200 bike. Say what's up with the hubby having the NICE bike? pfft.

Sure they say it's the rider not the bike, but take my word for it, a nice bike helps.

I got to see the Safire in carbon fiber this summer; one of my camp coaches has one. OMG, 22 pounds? $7K too but that is a different story.

FWIW, I have a stumpy FSR expert, omg nice ride, it just eats up the trail...

DH has been mountain biking for 6 years and raced in college, he definitely deserved the upgrade but waited because he bought me my nice road bike first. Man his hardtail he had was old and a POS, my Scott is better than it! Of course my $200 Scott is actually their $600-700 Hardtail, I just got it for a great price off Craigslist from someone who used it as a commuter.

I suspect I will upgrade but right now 'tis only a dream. I probably should be riding more than a month or two on the trail before upgrading. I do deserve a great bike though, every girl does!

DH will be the first to tell me to buy something like this when I think I am ready for us to plunk down the cash. I really wish the LBS would sell that Safire though, it is one of the few WSD FS bikes they have and it just beckons me. Maybe they will just put it on sale really cheap since it is a high end Women's bike in my size. Haha.

You are all such enablers.
    Amanda

I really wish the LBS would sell that Safire though, it is one of the few WSD FS bikes they have and it just beckons me. Maybe they will just put it on sale really cheap since it is a high end Women's bike in my size. Haha.
    You know, the '09's are rolling in as we speak and if there are any 08's on the floor, you might get an excellent price on one. It may just happen.

I really wish the LBS would sell that Safire though, it is one of the few WSD FS bikes they have and it just beckons me. Maybe they will just put it on sale really cheap since it is a high end Women's bike in my size. Haha.

You are all such enablers.
    Just givin ya a hard time - I still remember the day DH said, I think you are ready for a better bike.

NOte, when you do start looking, do not limit your choices to WSD bikes. There is a lot out there to choose from, and unless you are particularly petite or hard to fit, no reason that many regular frames won't work for you.