Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

My Big Adventure

To disable ads, please log-in.

I just started a journal on crazyguyonabike.com.

Come on over and have a look at http://www.crazyguyonabike.com/journ...pringfever2005

I probably won't reply to any messages while I'm on the road - I'll only be gone for a week and I have no idea what my internet access will be like. Still, I'll try to keep the journal updated on the road if anyone wants to follow along.

I'll have DH put in my milage for bikejournal, too. That should be interesting.

Mom(getting increasingly excited)OnBike
    Give big space to the festive dog that make sport in the roadway. Avoid entanglement with your wheel spoke.
    (Sign in Japan)

1978 Raleigh Gran Prix
    2003 EZ Sport AX

Thumbs up

A toast to you and William! May you always be spinning toward your dream.

Good luck and enjoy the ride!

V.
    Discipline is remembering what you want.

TandemHearts.com

I saw your journal earlier today - thanks for letting us know it's yours! It's fun to follow along with people that you know, so it's good to be able to connect your user id here with your name on crazyguyonabike.

Happy travels!
    --- Denise
    www.denisegoldberg.com

• Click here for links to journals and photo galleries from my travels on two wheels and two feet.
    • Random thoughts and experiences in my blog at denisegoldberg.blogspot.com

"To truly find yourself you should play hide and seek alone."
    (quote courtesy of an unknown fortune cookie writer)

thanks for the link!.......sending good thoughts and wishes your way!.....
    I'm so excited For you!!!
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, champagne in one hand, strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming: "Yeah Baby! What a Ride!"

Please journal every little thing, even if you have to post it to crazyguy later - I'm dying of curiosity!

Be careful with yourself out there, adventurer!

Quote Originally Posted by MomOnBike
    Mom(getting increasingly excited)OnBike
    Like everyone else I'm sending you good thoughts and will be anxious to hear of your adventures with William!!

How totally AWESOME!
    On Yer Bike!

Thanks, guys

Gosh, what support!

And, yes, I'm planning on being very wordy in the journal. I just don't know when to shut up.

Tomorrow William is going to the LBS for a tune-up/check-up, I'm buying some Halt! (not in the least interested in a broken pelvis - the busted tailbone was quite enough thankyouverymuch), and DH & I will be generally running around town getting stuff ready. Um, we should also look into the truck we're going to haul Daughter's stuff in, too, come to think of it.

Other than that, I'm ready. Except, of course, doing the anti-rain/wind dances. But that's a constant.
    Give big space to the festive dog that make sport in the roadway. Avoid entanglement with your wheel spoke.
    (Sign in Japan)

1978 Raleigh Gran Prix
    2003 EZ Sport AX

I admire your courage to follow your dream! I'll be reading (vicarious thrills) your journal entries. Best of luck to you.
    Jan

Better weather coming to the Midwest

MoB, it looks like a better forcast for next week, so I'll keep my fingers crossed that the trend continues. Our last date of frost here in the Chicago area is May 15 but it's been so cold at night (30's) really across the entire Midwest and even into the eastern US that it's hard to believe two weeks will make that change. I feel ashamed that I haven't wanted to commute to work this week when I think about your big trip. We'll all be riding along with you in spirit!!

Whoopeeeee!

We're leaving in a few hours for MN. I'm pretty sure I'm all packed, which of course means that I'm overpacked.

Weather looks like it will be pretty nice riding weather. Highs up to 75 or so, some rain possible, but not probable. I think I can live with that.

Watch for me on Crazy Guy!
    (Sign in Japan)

1978 Raleigh Gran Prix
    2003 EZ Sport AX

Attn: all TE Ladies

Help me remember to "bump" this thread so we can keep tabs on BikeMomma during her first long-distance ride!

Good Luck Momma......ride well, ride safe and have fun!!!

{{{{{momma}}}}
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, champagne in one hand, strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming: "Yeah Baby! What a Ride!"

Best of wishes! Because of you, I'm back reading a bunch of bikalogues thinking of you. May you find new friends in your adventure.

Update

I just checked the blog. Looks like Mom and family completed all the moving on Friday and she expected to start riding Saturday but no posts from the road yet.

Mom, if you're out there! We're out there pushing you along! If you turn and head west far enough, Yellow has some carrot cake.

I just read the journal so far and am looking forward to the "on the road" part. Good on you, MomonBike!

Emily
    Emily

2011 Jamis Dakar XC "Toto" - Selle Italia Ldy Gel Flow
    2007 Trek Pilot 5.0 WSD "Gloria" - Selle Italia Diva Gel Flow
    2004 Bike Friday Petite Pocket Crusoe - Selle Italia Diva Gel Flow