Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Anyone try these?

To disable ads, please log-in.

I am looking for something a little less "lycra-ish" for my ride to work. Something I can walk into the office in and not feel that everything I own is on display. This look cute - has anyone tried them - http://www.terrybicycles.com/detail....5147&c=Apparel
    Christine
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.

Cycle! It's Good for the Wattle; it's good for the can!

Quote Originally Posted by andtckrtoo View Post
    I am looking for something a little less "lycra-ish" for my ride to work. Something I can walk into the office in and not feel that everything I own is on display. This look cute - has anyone tried them - http://www.terrybicycles.com/detail....5147&c=Apparel
    I'm with you on the "less lycra look" for commuting. I ride in baggy MTB shorts most days.

As for those Zoic knicks: I tried them on at my LBS and really liked them. I liked the chamois and the length on them was perfect. Unfortunately, I was feeling cheap that day, didn't buy them, and now they don't have my size anymore IIRC, these are a little bit lower-rise compared to some other shorts and knickers that I've tried. It didn't bother me, but it's something to consider....

I haven't tried those on, but other zoic bottoms I've tried on seem to have a minimal waist to hip ratio. When I tried them on in my normal size, the hips fit but the waist was HUGE. These look to have adjustment flaps at the waist, but who knows how much they adjust.

I suppose it depends on your body type though - that configuration might work really well for some.

Hope that info helps.

Yes, it does help a lot!! Both of the responses. Thank you!
    Christine
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.

Cycle! It's Good for the Wattle; it's good for the can!

how long is your bike ride? contrary to popular opinion, clothes other than lycra do not spontaneously combust whilst bike riding.
    Thanks TE! You pushed me half way over!
    http://pages.teamintraining.org/nca/seagull08/tnguyen

I have the tan version sold by TE here:

http://www.teamestrogen.com/prodZO_2101Z08.html

I wear these on my commute all the time. They are much more work-appropriate for the few minutes that I am traipsing through the office wearing commute clothes.

I'm petite, so I like that they are lower-waisted than other pants. I hate when pants come all the way up to my ribs. And I don't have coverage issues since most tops tend to be pretty long on me, anyway.

I like that the liner shorts wear out so I can wear a different liner the next day without feeling like I have to wash the pants every night.

The knicks are light enough that they've been pretty comfortable on warmer days -- not sure yet how they'll hold up as the weather gets colder.

I got some bike capris from LLBean a year ago. They are less padded than I would like for a long ride, but perfect for a fairly short commute.

I wear my bike shorts under very lightweight sweatpant capris that I got at the Salvation Army. They are styling enough to walk the halls on my way to the bathroom in. On top, a stretchy pink t-shirt and a hoodie, also both from SA.

I found some under armor at the Salvation Army for winter... and this weekend at a consignment shop I found a short sleeved under armor t with a high half-neck, perfect for fall commuting. Might not be beautiful but I don't really care about that.
    I can do five more miles.

foothills of the Ozarks aka Tornado Alley
    Those Zoic knicks are too cute.

I bought the scooter capri last year and it's perfect for riding in town and on the trail. The fabric is very stretchy yet the style is relaxed. There's reflective tape on the legs, too.