Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Be very afraid

Be very afraid

To disable ads, please log-in.

Fair warning! Be very afraid....she's on the loose with pudgy bike-pedaling thighs and a camera in her hand.

After 5:45 PM tonight I'm on vacation for the next six days with a plethora of bike trips planned. (Don't you just LOVE the word PLETHORA? It sounds like an epithet used by dinosaurs.)

Yes, she's a dinosaur with pudgy bike-pedaling thighs and she's on the loose with a camera.

Friday's scheduled bike ride involves slapping the bike on the 305 bus and trucking down for a two hour ride to Rehoboth where the Breakwater Junction Rail to Trail awaits as well as a seafood dinner in Lewes.

I CAN'T WAIT!!!!!!!!!!

Looking forward to your excellent ride reports and pictures!

secret

EEEEEEE..she's out there!! Whatever shall we do? Who do we contact?

Please be on alert for crazy yet cool lady on some sort of bike taking photos for people round the world..Neener neeenerr.whoop wooopp..

*ahem*

Public service message from your crazycanuck public broadcast system.

weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Excellent- can't wait to read your travel logs

Nice camera BTW- D70?

CrazyCanuck--You are a TRIP and a HOOT!

Becky, yes a Nikon D70S. Love the thing but it doesn't get invited along on the bike. It's younger brother the Nikon Coolpix 8400 and the upstart cousin, the Nikon L5 gets the honor of both being lightweight enough for the bike.

BTW Becky, I'm working on a story, "Are you Becky???"

Quote Originally Posted by pardes View Post

is it like that book " Are you my mother?"
    Thanks TE! You pushed me half way over!
    http://pages.teamintraining.org/nca/seagull08/tnguyen

Quote Originally Posted by pardes View Post
    Becky, yes a Nikon D70S. Love the thing but it doesn't get invited along on the bike. It's younger brother the Nikon Coolpix 8400 and the upstart cousin, the Nikon L5 gets the honor of both being lightweight enough for the bike.

Excellent choice. After much searching, I ended up with a D50 and, as soon as I figure out how to mount a handlebar bag and my headlight, it's going to take up residence on the bike. Might even be good justification for that 18-200 VR lens that I've been lusting after!

Really? What's the story about?

BTW, I thought of you yesterday when I saw the OCME forensics truck parked at the Dunkin Donuts on my ride home

Go Pardes, go pardes!!! I'll be waiting here for a full report once you're done terrorizing Rehoboth (is that a place or a thing?).

Electra Townie 7D

Oh sure, Pardes, plan your trip when I'm not at home. That's my stomping grounds. There is great riding in the Lewes to Milton area, Cape Henlopen State Park area, and even better down where I live from Bethany to Fenwick and into MD as well. The Breakwater Junction Trail is beautiful, but perhaps a bit crowded on weekends. THere are the occasional idiots with expando leashes. You have the perfect bike for it. Just keep your eyes and ears open. If you need any help, visit Bethany Cycles in Rehoboth, ask for Mike. He will take good care of you. Tell him I sent you. You can get there via the trail.

You will undoubtedly have to venture onto Rt 1 for some part of your vacation. Be very careful, and be aware that maybe up to 10% of the riders (I hesitate to call them cyclists) in the beach area RIDE ON THE WRONG SIDE OF THE ROAD. Always leave yourself an out.

And when you are ready to come again, give me some notice and I'll come ride with you, or give you some routes, or something.

Martha

Quote Originally Posted by withm View Post
    Oh sure, Pardes, plan your trip when I'm not at home. That's my stomping grounds. <snip>
    And when you are ready to come again, give me some notice and I'll come ride with you, or give you some routes, or something.

Martha
    We should all plan a ride together sometime. I lived in Lewes for a couple of summers and adored it! I'd be up for taking the 305 south....never done it before. Pardes, you can teach me!

Sounds like a fun trip! Watch out for the crazy drivers--with the Bay Bridge closing, more people are planning to drive through Delaware to get to the beaches (including me, but not until next weekend) so I'd expect a lot more traffic than usual.

I can't wait to see your pictures!

Sarah

Have a great vacation! You will have a fabulous time!

Have a great time! Can't wait to see the pics!
    My new non-farm blog: Finding Freedom

where the wind comes sweeping down the plain
    As always, I'll enjoy reading about your adventure when you return. Have a great time!

p.s. your avatar pic looks very "political" to me. I mean that when I first saw your avatar, I thought it was a picture of a famous political leader. I don't know why, but you look very regal, thoughtful, and strong. I hope that doesn't come across sounding too weird. I just thought: who is that woman, the President of Panama, the first lady to the Chancellor of Germany?
    Last edited by Tri Girl; 08-27-2008 at 02:35 PM.
    Check out my running blog: www.turtlepacing.blogspot.com

Cervelo P2C (tri bike)
    Bianchi Eros (commuter/touring road bike)

1983 Motobecane mixte (commuter/errand bike)
    Cannondale F5 mountain bike

The President of Panama

Yes, that's me THE PRESIDENT OF PANAMA! My cover's blown by detective Tri Girl.

Actually it's the only photo of me I can bear to look at. Generally my photographs make me look like I have an IQ smaller than my shoe size and an aging wrinkled landscaped face remniscent of Death Valley.

Becky and Withm we definitely have to plan an outing but I warn you NO ONE wants to try to walk or bike with me since I stop 47 times in three steps to take a photo of something.

Case in point. On bus ride home tonight, I noticed a ladybug on my backpack. She was walking only on the teeth of a long zipper. She seemed quite taken with the zipper and traversed it's length without one false step onto fabric. Problem was -- my camera was inside the backpack on the other side of the zipper. So impotently, I was left with merely watching her and spinning tales in my head that this was her version of walking the "rails to trails" zipper.

She got bored with the game long before I did, lifted her wings, and departed.

Pax, Rehoboth is a beach town in Delaware though after living it Florida most of my life, to me it barely qualifies as a beach and is more or less a thing.