Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Be very afraid

To disable ads, please log-in.

Can't wait to read your posts and see your new pictures!!!
    Enjoy your vacation and keep us posted!

wow

have fun on your adventure.

President of Panama?!

Really? I was thinking more Queen of Tonga.

where the wind comes sweeping down the plain
    Quote Originally Posted by malkin View Post
    President of Panama?!

Really? I was thinking more Queen of Tonga.
    If I were clever, I would've thought of that myself.
    Check out my running blog: www.turtlepacing.blogspot.com

Cervelo P2C (tri bike)
    Bianchi Eros (commuter/touring road bike)

1983 Motobecane mixte (commuter/errand bike)
    Cannondale F5 mountain bike

Hey, I was planning on camping at Cape Henlopen in two weeks. Any advice? So there's a rail trail around there? I haven't really had the time to do the research I usually do on an area.

Karen

Quote Originally Posted by withm View Post
    Oh sure, Pardes, plan your trip when I'm not at home. That's my stomping grounds. There is great riding in the Lewes to Milton area, Cape Henlopen State Park area, and even better down where I live from Bethany to Fenwick and into MD as well. The Breakwater Junction Trail is beautiful, but perhaps a bit crowded on weekends. THere are the occasional idiots with expando leashes. You have the perfect bike for it. Just keep your eyes and ears open. If you need any help, visit Bethany Cycles in Rehoboth, ask for Mike. He will take good care of you. Tell him I sent you. You can get there via the trail.

You will undoubtedly have to venture onto Rt 1 for some part of your vacation. Be very careful, and be aware that maybe up to 10% of the riders (I hesitate to call them cyclists) in the beach area RIDE ON THE WRONG SIDE OF THE ROAD. Always leave yourself an out.

And when you are ready to come again, give me some notice and I'll come ride with you, or give you some routes, or something.

Martha
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    insidious ungovernable cardboard

Quote Originally Posted by Tuckervill View Post
    Hey, I was planning on camping at Cape Henlopen in two weeks. Any advice? So there's a rail trail around there? I haven't really had the time to do the research I usually do on an area.
    The Breakwater Junction Trail is a beautiful trail that runs from Rehoboth up to Lewes, and links in to a decent bike path to take you all the way into Lewes. The Trail is not paved, but has a crushed cinder surface (whatever that is). I have ridden it on 23C tires, but it's a much easier ride with bigger tires of whatever sort you have. It's fairly curvy and twisty, but it's flat. It's worth riding at least once just to see the vista in "the glade" - gorgeous area. IT does get crowded, especially on weekends - dog walkers, baby strollers, etc.

Somewhere I have a link to a route slip for this trail - or you coud probably go to Map My Ride, and plug in Delaware, and find a cue sheet for that area. If not, PM me, and I'll dig something out when I get home next week.

You might want to join in on one of our club rides they average anywhere from 15 to 20 mph and more. If you are interested in that, again, PM me and I'll send you what I can.

Hey, thanks for the info! We'll be there during the week, and I'll have my son with me, who will, if he rides, be riding my mountain bike (couldn't bring three bikes and I need both of mine). So, a club ride is prolly out of the picture. But we'll definitely hit the rail trail. Thanks for the clues!

Karen
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    insidious ungovernable cardboard

My sister has a beach house in Bethany...Rehobeth used to be the 'cool spot'. Then there is Fenwick Island. I don't think I've been there.

I knew there was a reason I came back to the east coast

Tahoey, you have me SO geographically confused. I thought you were currently on the WEST Coast.....now you tell me that you are on the EAST Coast.

I think you must be related to Becky and living in an alternate universe where you are everywhere at once.

Where exactly are you? Or are you like an electron that just shows up where an observer expects you to be?

Particle Physicists and I want to know.
    "The important thing is this: To be able at any moment to sacrifice what we are for what we might become." Charles Dubois

I'm out in the midwest so I wasn't afraid at first, but now that the particle physicists are quaking and she's everywhere from Panama to Rehoboth to Rehobeth to the West Coast, I am indeed nervous
    Snap on!!

You notice of course that she's not responding. There has been a rumor that she's busy writing the sequel to "Mindwalk."

However she has promised to star in a "Ride Like a Girl" video I'm plotting when she finally shows up in Delaware.
    "The important thing is this: To be able at any moment to sacrifice what we are for what we might become." Charles Dubois

Quote Originally Posted by TahoeDirtGirl View Post
    My sister has a beach house in Bethany...Rehobeth used to be the 'cool spot'. Then there is Fenwick Island. I don't think I've been there.

I knew there was a reason I came back to the east coast
    I live in Bethany but I don't think we are sisters?

Withm, the more I read your reply the funnier it got. You now qualify as honorary particle physicist.

I can see that you and Becky definitely need to get together when Tahoey every decides to come back to Delaware.

Are there any other Delawareans on TE?