Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

To disable ads, please log-in.

Big hugs to you and Hank!

Smurf!! That's a terrible thing to have to go through. I'm thinking of you and Hank and sending out lots of healing thoughts. As for the laser... we have one where I work, it's not clinically proven but it's also not harmful. Anecdotally I can say that it does seem to facilitate healing in some conditions, fractures being one of them. The inflammation seems to go down faster and range of motion increases more rapidly. But I have also seen it do absolutely nothing for some people. My advice, see how it goes without and if he doesn't continue to improve, think about going back in for another treatment. You should not have to commit to a series of treatments, you should be able to do it as needed.
    Living life like there's no tomorrow.

http://gorgebikefitter.com/

2007 Look Dura Ace
    2010 Custom Tonic cross with discs, SRAM
    2012 Moots YBB 2 x 10 Shimano XTR
    2014 Soma B-Side SS

Home from work today and Hank is just dopey and lazy which I guess is good. He's awful quiet for the little acepromazine he's getting. Just half a 25mg pill before and after work. He seems a little confused and wobbly but I'd rather that because he is one bouncy boy under normal circumstances so resting is good.

I got him some aspirin in the interim because the vet couldn't bother to call me back about the pain killers until 6 or 7 hours after I called. Gee, thanks, not like my dog is hurting, it can so wait. Hopefully the aspirin helps a little because he is way swollen.

He has lost his appetite which is sad. I did sit down with him and keep shoveling wet food into his bowl. Hey, the little prince can be spoiled rotten for a few days, fine by me! It did break my heart when he only ate half of his favorite duck breast jerky treat.

I'm gonna talk to the vet in the morning when I get the pills and follow up and make sure he's doing okay. I also want to ask a little more about the whole laser thing. I don't think it will kill him to wait until Saturday or Monday, and I'd rather spare him the trouble of loading him in and out of my truck until he's had longer to heal.

Thanks again for the warm fuzzies, I need them, so does Hank.
    "True, but if you throw your panties into the middle of the peloton, someone's likely to get hurt."

Hope Hank is feeling better today - poor guy. We had a four-year-old Siberian Husky go through some awful stuff about ten years ago. He had lots of problems and one was a ruptured disk. He literally screamed in pain when that happened - it was horrible - so I know you're going through a nightmare.

I don't know if you've checked into this or the likelihood of it working, but have you contacted your state's veterinary school? When Han, our Husky, had a degenerative bone/joint problem with a leg and the local vets couldn't figure out what was going on with him, I contacted the veterinary school at Oklahoma State University and they expressed interest in his case and seeing him at their clinic. We never ended up taking him there because our vet in town ended up sending some biopsies to Kansas City and eventually to Boston and got some answers and a treatment plan. I don't know if vet schools have reduced cost, but as an educational facility and with government funding I would think they might - ? It couldn't hurt to check it out.

I do hope he's feeling better. Hugs and warm fuzzies from our group.

Deb

oh! poor hanky! vibes to him and you!!!

Augie sends a get-well tennis ball:

(but he'll hold on to it until Hank's up for playing )

I don't know if this will be helpful, but http://www.dogwise.com/forums/ has a health and wellness forum. Some of the posters there are quite knowledgeable. They might be able to help you sort through treatment options and/or point you to other places you can do research.

More hugs {{}}

Quote Originally Posted by BethG View Post
    Augie sends a get-well tennis ball:

(but he'll hold on to it until Hank's up for playing )

I don't know if this will be helpful, but http://www.dogwise.com/forums/ has a health and wellness forum. Some of the posters there are quite knowledgeable. They might be able to help you sort through treatment options and/or point you to other places you can do research.

More hugs {{}}
    Awwwwh! He's so kyoot! Is he a blue heeler/mix? I love heelers, had a blue heeler/springer spaniel growing up that was a total nut case but we loved her.

Hank seems to be motoring on much better. Ace be damned he was going to show some enthusiasm when I got home tonight! He still only wants his wet food, such a spoiled brat. I'm gonna see if the Merrick rep will hook up some freebies in light of the situation.

I checked out that forum and hopefully will get some feedback on the laser in dogs. I read some posts and it sounds like conversations from the natural pet food store I work out. Good group of people.

Anyway, here are some pictures of Hank when he's his normal self.

Can't catch me! I'm the stinky cheese man!

Oh neener neener, right over ya!

Surrender to the cow dog stare!

This is how I say "I love you."

Your campsite, I guards it.
    "True, but if you throw your panties into the middle of the peloton, someone's likely to get hurt."

Aww, what a handsome boy!

Hank is gorgeous! I hope he recovers and is back to bouncing around (safely) soon.

Lora

Oh, Hank is a beauty! I hope everything turns out just fine for him and you. I can tell how much you love him...

Quote Originally Posted by smurfalicious View Post
    Awwwwh! He's so kyoot! Is he a blue heeler/mix? I love heelers, had a blue heeler/springer spaniel growing up that was a total nut case but we loved her.
    yes, indeed - Augzilla is a blue heeler mix. We think the other half if Corgi (the kind with the tail) because he's rather low-slung. And he says "I love you" to his dog friends the same way Hanky does - unless their either a) puppies or b) very small dogs, in which case he lets them chew on HIM. It's really sweet to watch.

Good luck with the drug rep, I hope they cough up. Wish we could get rimadyl freebies. Our older dog Oliver (a keeshond) has arthritic knees and gets rimadyl daily. Speaking of, he has a hug for you:

Glad to hear Hank seems more comfortable!

I'm just catching up with this event--been off the forums for a while. Cocoa and I are thinking strong, healing thoughts for Hank and you. I don't know what I wouldn't do to get the Coke-meister better if it became necessary. Hang in there!
    Bad JuJu: Team TE Bianchista
    "The road to hell is paved with works-in-progress." -Roth
    Read my blog: Works in Progress

Quote Originally Posted by BethG View Post

Good luck with the drug rep, I hope they cough up. Wish we could get rimadyl freebies. Our older dog Oliver (a keeshond) has arthritic knees and gets rimadyl daily. Speaking of, he has a hug for you:

Glad to hear Hank seems more comfortable!
    Threadjack- I love your Keeshie! I had a Keeshond/German Shepherd mix growing up named Blackie Bear, best dog ever. No dog has lived up to him yet and probably never will. We got him shortly after I turned 1 and he lived 12 years.
    Amanda

2011 Specialized Epic Comp 29er | Specialized Phenom | "Marie Laveau"
    2007 Cannondale Synapse Carbon Road | Selle Italia Lady Gel Flow | "Miranda"

You don't have to be great to get started, but you do have to get started to be great. -Lee J. Colan

foothills of the Ozarks aka Tornado Alley
    Smurf, I'm so sorry your boy is not feeling very well. Niki sends a kiss and we will keep you near in thought.

Who's the interactive chew toy that Hank is playing with?
    I'm a Dog on a Mission! The human & I are doing Woofstock again this year!