Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

To disable ads, please log-in.

You'll have to tell me where we're meeting exactly. Or Tam, do you want to ride with me?

If we can squeeze my bike on with the Xtracycle, I can ride with you. Want to meet at my place 8:45-ish?

I need to remember to clean my bike before Sunday morning. It's a dusty mess from my last towpath ride
    "How about if we all just try to follow these very simple rules of the road? Drive like the person ahead on the bike is your son/daughter. Ride like the cars are ambulances carrying your loved ones to the emergency room. This should cover everything, unless you are a complete sociopath."
    David Desautels, in a letter to velonews.com

Random babblings and some stuff to look at.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalidurga View Post
    If we can squeeze my bike on with the Xtracycle, I can ride with you. Want to meet at my place 8:45-ish?

I need to remember to clean my bike before Sunday morning. It's a dusty mess from my last towpath ride
    Sounds good. The Xtracycle goes on the roof rack, so there's room for two bikes on the back. Are we going to try to do a shuttle with cars so we can ride one way? Zen mentioned that earlier.

And I'm sooo glad to know that you left your bike dirty, if only for a few days! I have this vision of you rushing home and taking the q-tips to it right away.

My drive-train will be squeaky-clean thanks to Rock'n'Roll, but my frame is feeeelthy with dust.

I don't think the shuttle idea is gonna work. We can fit two bikes and an Xtracycle on your car, but can we fit all of that in/on Zen's car?
    "How about if we all just try to follow these very simple rules of the road? Drive like the person ahead on the bike is your son/daughter. Ride like the cars are ambulances carrying your loved ones to the emergency room. This should cover everything, unless you are a complete sociopath."

Quote Originally Posted by divingbiker View Post
    Sounds good. The Xtracycle goes on the roof rack, so there's room for two bikes on the back. Are we going to try to do a shuttle with cars so we can ride one way? Zen mentioned that earlier.
    If we do that we can ride to Hancock
    But that'd be a long day what with all the loading, unloading, shuttling, etc.
    that's up to you guys. You'd have to drive much farther than I would.

Quote Originally Posted by divingbiker View Post
    And I'm sooo glad to know that you left your bike dirty, if only for a few days! I have this vision of you rushing home and taking the q-tips to it right away.
    I washed and Q-Tipped mine yesterday
    Now to install new saddle and front rack

can we fit all of that in/on Zen's car?
    You've both seen the Mothership.
    What do you think?
    We can always have something sticking out the sunroof
    Last edited by Zen; 08-29-2008 at 06:36 AM.
    2008 Trek FX 7.2/Terry Cite X
    2009 Jamis Aurora/Brooks B-68
    2010 Trek FX 7.6 WSD/stock bontrager

I dunno, I think I'd like to vote against the shuttled ride. Since I'm spending Saturday and Monday with family I'd love to have one day this weekend that's not complicated. And Hancock is well outside of Janice's 1.5 hour driving limit.

I dunno, I think I'd like to vote against the shuttled ride. Since I'm spending Saturday and Monday with family I'd love to have one day this weekend that's not complicated. And Hancock is well outside of Janice's 1.5 hour driving limit.
    OK, fine with me. I'll be at your house at 8:45 Sunday and you can be the navigator. I still have to figure out how to get the Xtracycle on the car by myself, and with this rain it may not happen. So I may be riding my Glorius after all, but the panniers will be fully loaded.

Sounds good. And, speaking of rain, be prepared for mud on Sunday's ride

Regina, we'll think about you eating birthday cake while we're getting spattered.

Regina, we'll think about you eating birthday cake while we're getting spattered.
    I'll have four panniers. Maybe I'll bring a cake

Quote Originally Posted by Zen View Post
    I'll have four panniers. Maybe I'll bring a cake
    I've got some zucchini shredded and ready to go into zucchini bread. Maybe I'll bring that for us to snack on. It will probably turn out like a brick anyway, so that will add ballast.

I don't cook and might not even have time to even buy groceries for myself, so I hope you two aren't expecting me to bring anything besides my sunny personality...

I don't cook and might not even have time to even buy groceries for myself, so I hope you two aren't expecting me to bring anything besides my sunny personality...
    Nah, I assume we need to bring whatever we want for lunch, but we're all on our own.

I assume that if anyone else was interested in joining us that they would have chimed in by now, but I'll ask anyway...

Anyone else interested in meeting this Sunday at 10:00am at Williamsport, MD for a 25-30 mile ride on the C&O? The more the merrier, especially since we'll be missing our Big Buzz.

i would love to go but this MCAT deal...
    Thanks TE! You pushed me half way over!
    http://pages.teamintraining.org/nca/seagull08/tnguyen

Dingster? F8th?
    New kids whose names I don't know offhand?