Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

To disable ads, please log-in.

It was Hubert Humphrey. I was the only kid in my third grade class whose parents planned to vote for him
    Speed comes from what you put behind you. - Judi Ketteler

Quote Originally Posted by OakLeaf View Post
    It was Hubert Humphrey. I was the only kid in my third grade class whose parents planned to vote for him
    Yep, me too (not same grade but same parents...)
    Emily

2011 Jamis Dakar XC "Toto" - Selle Italia Ldy Gel Flow
    2007 Trek Pilot 5.0 WSD "Gloria" - Selle Italia Diva Gel Flow
    2004 Bike Friday Petite Pocket Crusoe - Selle Italia Diva Gel Flow

Didn't Humphrey run against Nixon in 1968? I voted for him in 1972, about a month before my 19th birthday. Ah... I can't remember, either. Was it McGovern?
    I must have been brainwashed from living in S. Florida for a few years by that time (no offense to any Floridians). Or maybe the fact that my parents had been "Rockefeller Republicans" when I was growing up here in MA. They quickly changed after moving to AZ and then to CA.
    I love Delaware, Pardes. We spent a night in New Castle a couple of years ago, on the way home from Hilton Head. It was so historic, the B and B was awesome, and they had a CYCLING museum!

Quote Originally Posted by Crankin View Post
    Didn't Humphrey run against Nixon in 1968? I voted for him in 1972, about a month before my 19th birthday. Ah... I can't remember, either. Was it McGovern?
    I think you're right, Crankin -- Humphrey in '68, McGovern in '72 is what I think I remember. Of course, I was but a little tyke back then, but my folks were strong Democrats so I heard a lot about politics growing up! Watching the Democratic Convention was a big highlight in our family home.
    Emily

2011 Jamis Dakar XC "Toto" - Selle Italia Ldy Gel Flow
    2007 Trek Pilot 5.0 WSD "Gloria" - Selle Italia Diva Gel Flow
    2004 Bike Friday Petite Pocket Crusoe - Selle Italia Diva Gel Flow