Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Hybrid View

Cycle the WAVE Issaquah, WA 9/21

The Rising Star Guild for Eastside Domestic Violence Program (EDVP), and Lakemont Ladies’ Cycling Club have teamed up to organize the inaugural Women Against Violence Everywhere (WAVE) ride, a non-competitive women’s bicycle ride through Bellevue, Issaquah, South King County, Maple Valley, Renton and Newcastle. The ride will take place on September 21, 2008. Proceeds will benefit Eastside Domestic Violence Prevention, a non profit dedicated to helping women and children who have experienced physical, emotional, or sexual abuse.

Cycle the WAVE was created by women passionate about cycling who have bonded through friendship, fitness, and the desire to make a difference in the community. That passion has now been merged with the efforts of the Rising Star Guild and EDVP to raise awareness and shed light on the more than 96,000 victims of domestic violence EDVP has served since 1982.

Riders can choose between the 25 mile Girly Girl route or the challenging metric-century (62 mile) Burly Girl route. Day-of activities include well-stocked rest stops and a chance for all riders to celebrate at a post-ride banquet.

www.cyclethewave.com

I live in Issaquah...I'll have to check out the website!

Think a bunch of us will do this one! Thanks for posting it. I reposted it over in the Northwest section as well.
    "My predominant feeling is one of gratitude. I have loved and been loved;I have been given much and I have given something in return...Above all, I have been a sentient being, a thinking animal, on this beautiful planet, and that in itself has been an enormous privilege and an adventure." O. Sacks