Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Aspide Glamour Arrowhead

To disable ads, please log-in.

OMG this saddle was awful for me. The padding around the cutout wasn't uniform and it kind of created humps and puckered the cover a bit. I had terrible chafe on either side of the cutout. It was a miserable experience.

And in less than a week of use, the graphics started rubbing off and running together (I had the pink one with red/black/gray graphics.) At its price point, I expect better quality than that. It got sent back.

The SSM Aspide Glamour Arrowhead K (cut-out version) was my 3rd attempt at finding saddle nirvana. After my MS-150 ride this weekend, I know that my search is not over. Such chafing! And the nasty little saddle sores!!! I really have given this saddle every chance. I got it last July, I have done a century on it, much time on the trainer and outdoor rides anywhere from 18 - 100 miles. The chafing has never gone away (I thought if I just broke it in, but no....). I think it flexes too much.

For now I am putting the Jett back on. No chafing with this one, but it is so darned hard that my sit bones bother me after about 40 miles. I would rather have sore sit bones than being chafed raw. Before the Jett, it was a Terry Race Liberator and it worked great for about 2 years and then I think it got too flexible because it started to chafe.

I am thinking of trying the Bontrager Inform next. The search continues....

You might try the Selle Italia SLR Lady Gel Flow. It's just a touch softer than the Jett (based on my instore test ride of the Jett), but still firm and very similar in shape. Another TEer recommended the SLR Lady Gel Flow as something similar to the Jett, and I've been pretty pleased with mine.

Thanks for the info Becky.