Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

To disable ads, please log-in.

What kind of muffin????

too funny! Great story. Glad you, the bike, muffin and laptop are all ok.

yay, just road rash, it could have been a lot worse

There is nothing like running into a stationary object to make you feel stupid. I know from experience, I ran into a parked car. Of course, I had the fun of going to work for a week with 2 black eyes and sutures in my lip, so I had to explain what happened to everyone that came into the office. That really makes you feel stupid. I'm so glad you didn't have to go through that.

Quote Originally Posted by Crankin View Post
    What kind of muffin????
    Blueberry cRUMb. Heavenly. They bake it at this little bakery on the way to work in the middle of nowhere.

I hit every farmstand I could find. I had no room but I somehow found it.

I hear you on the parked car. I remember hearing about someone in the Bay area that had hit a parked car that was parked in a bike lane and I couldn't understand how he didn't see it. Now. I know. It would be so easy not to expect it to be there and totally absorbed. I think this accident taught me to pay attention more. Trust me, I was paying attention on the ride home!

My wrist and shoulder are now starting to ache, so Advil and ice is on the menu before bed

Glad you're (basically) ok, tahoe! Nothing worse than having someone see you crash, either....

I came close to having a similar crash on a club ride a couple of years ago. A guy riding quite a ways ahead of me stopped (for some reason) on the edge of the road, but still on it. He probably should have pulled off the road completely, but did not. I must not have been looking very far ahead (my bad), maybe looking at my computer or something, and all of a sudden I had to swerve quickly to avoid plowing right into him. Quite scary. I am SO glad I managed to avoid that crash as it would have been pretty darn uncomfortable. You just don't expect people to stop on the road in front of you, but still, like with motor vehicles, a crash would have been my fault/responsibility.

Hope you'll heal up fast! And the muffin sounds yummy!
    Emily

2011 Jamis Dakar XC "Toto" - Selle Italia Ldy Gel Flow
    2007 Trek Pilot 5.0 WSD "Gloria" - Selle Italia Diva Gel Flow
    2004 Bike Friday Petite Pocket Crusoe - Selle Italia Diva Gel Flow

Quote Originally Posted by TahoeDirtGirl View Post
    I hit every farmstand I could find. I had no room but I somehow found it.
    If you keep hitting farmstands as well as mailboxes you'll need a lot more Advil. Be careful out there.

On our ride last weekend there were lots of signs for CRAB, LOCAL CLAMS AND SCALLOPS and so forth. I almost stopped but I don't know what a crab would have felt like in the back pocket of my jersey...

I almost stopped but I don't know what a crab would have felt like in the back pocket of my jersey...
    POKEY but TASTY! !

Tahoe - I'm glad you are ok. That is SO something I would do! I've learned to just smile, tell everyone, "I'm ok!", and keep on going like NOTHING HAPPENED!
    Everyone Deserves a Lifetime

OMG, I'm glad you are ok!

I actually saw a guy do almost the same thing on a commute last week. I was stopped at a light with a bunch of cars. A guy (riding the wrong direction, on the sidewalk and not wearing a helmet) rode directly into one of those sandwich board signs sitting there. It made an awful racket as he attempted to recover, put the sign back up, and get on his way like nothing happened. The thing was, because all the cars were at the light, it was very quiet when he smashed into it and EVERYONE heard it and was watching him. I was laughing the whole time! He also had a vitamin water rolling down the street - but he left it behind in his hurry to get out of there! Poor guy!

I'm glad that you were at least able to laugh at yourself. Sounds like you handled the situation with considerably more grace than the guy I saw, did!
    My new non-farm blog: Finding Freedom

Yah, I think if anyone was laughing the hardest it was me. I was still laughing throughout the day just wondering...what the heck did I look like?

Quote Originally Posted by GLC1968 View Post
    OMG, I'm glad you are ok!

He also had a vitamin water rolling down the street - but he left it behind in his hurry to get out of there! Poor guy!

I'm glad that you were at least able to laugh at yourself. Sounds like you handled the situation with considerably more grace than the guy I saw, did!
    I need that vitaminwater after 17 miles of riding AND crashing. Oh today. I'm feeling it. I think this rivals some of my worst mtb crashes in stiffness. My friend, after telling them how stiff and sore I was, reminded me "well you DID say you looked down and saw 16.1 mph on your cycle computer!" I almost forgot, yeah. That's pretty fast.

I cannot imagine riding without a helmet at all. I used to do it once in a while on the road if I was going a short distance but not anymore. Too many mailboxes.

I hope that mailbox learned a lesson!!