Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: TE ride #4 ???

TE ride #4 ???

To disable ads, please log-in.

For the past 3 years I have led a TE ride on Labor Day weekend. I would like to get together again this year, but I am looking at the weekend of September 13 or 14. Either day would be fine with me. I know this is the time of year for centuries, etc. but it doesn't look like I will be doing the tour of lighthouses century I had planned on doing that weekend.
    So, send me some feedback and we can plan. This will be a social, no drop ride, averaging around 13-15.5mph, depending on the hills. Regrouping and waiting will be part of the ride. We might get up to speeds of 17-20 on the flats, but this will not be a hammerfest.
    It's thundering again

Sounds like fun. Thanks for organizing this, Robyn. I'll be hiking with llamas and my little nephews on the 14th. On the 13th I may be working at the bike shop part of the day but hopefully could be available for a ride in mid-afternoon.
    Oil is good, grease is better.

2007 Peter Mooney w/S&S couplers/Terry Butterfly
    1993 Bridgestone MB-3/Avocet O2 Air 40W
    1980 Columbus Frame with 1970 Campy parts
    1954 Raleigh 3-speed/Brooks B72

Jolt is offline Dodging the potholes...
    Well, I'm planning to go on an AMC backpacking trip that weekend (if I don't end up having to work then) and I don't think I'd be able to keep up with 13-15 mph average anyway.
    2011 Surly LHT
    1995 Trek 830

OK, keep the comments coming.

Sounds interesting. Right now I'm open that weekend, but I'll keep an eye on any date changes. It'd be really nice to meet some TE'ers.

Sounds like a great idea. I'll attempt to come and attempt to keep up. Do you have an idea of a route?

Well, it will be in the NW suburbs; I live in Concord, so usually we start here or in Acton or Stow. Last year we went to the Wayside Inn area in Sudbury. Two years ago we did a flattish (by request) 40 miles, starting in Concord, going into Acton, Stow, and Boxborough. So, probably a variation on one of these. If you are up for hills, I have a really nice route that goes into Harvard and Bolton a bit.
    Keep the comments coming.

Those are nice areas- we got married at the Colonial Inn last year, it was great fun. I'm not sure I could handle 40 miles- maybe if they were flat. I'm currently at 15-20 miles, tho it's rather hilly where we go by Dover, Natick. I'm willing to try for longer of course, just not sure how pretty it'll be! I'm averaging around 13mph including snailing my way up the hills and zooming like a crazy fool (25mph) down. I also don't draft yet because I'm worried about touching wheels (and my hubby sets the pace too high when he leads anyway). This would be my first group ride, so I might need a quick crash course on what's expected of me- signaling slowing, etc.

We won't be doing 40 miles this year; several of us were training for long rides 2 years ago, so that's what we did. Don't worry, you will be fine. I would estimate any ride we do will be around 25 miles. If we do the hilly route, naturally, speeds will go down.
    I'm a ride leader with AMC and will review all the "rules" so you will feel comfortable. And, we will wait and regroup for anyone if need be. Last year I had a friend come as a sweep, so no one felt uncomfortable.

Sounds great. Looking forward to it!

Oh, I just realized we have an event that Saturday, so I could only do Sunday for the ride.

So, it looks like Deb can't come on Sunday and Mayaorange can't come on Saturday. I don't want to have to choose between people...
    Who else is interested?

me! me!

I will be here the week-end of 9/13&14. I can do either day. The following week-end I will be in WI with my mother.

OK, I'll count you in, Jean.
    Deb, I don't want to exclude a new person, so maybe we can schedule this on Sunday and we can ride another day. I have a lot of free time during the day, in between my studying.

Quote Originally Posted by Crankin View Post
    OK, I'll count you in, Jean.
    Deb, I don't want to exclude a new person, so maybe we can schedule this on Sunday and we can ride another day. I have a lot of free time during the day, in between my studying.
    Sure. I'll probably be back by 3-4 pm on Sunday, so maybe I can catch you all at the end of your ride.
    Oil is good, grease is better.

2007 Peter Mooney w/S&S couplers/Terry Butterfly
    1993 Bridgestone MB-3/Avocet O2 Air 40W
    1980 Columbus Frame with 1970 Campy parts
    1954 Raleigh 3-speed/Brooks B72