Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

To disable ads, please log-in.

Quote Originally Posted by pardes View Post
    Yes, I'm the poster child for newbie nerdiness. Generating a gear table in Excel has to rank at the top of the chart.

Thanks for all your replies. Now I'm wondering what can be my next nerdy project with the bike.....Hmmmmmm.
    Bike maintenance?
    Adding fenders, lights, reflective stuff to make you more visible?

Good comments about cross gearing, Lisa, but the gearing that I actually think she'll end up with is exactly the same as the majority of mountain bikes, 22-32-44 with an 11-34 cassette so it will get wider than the chart shows.

Unless there is some weird beast out there, cassettes are built on a spider with the largest gears permanently attached. They will not be swapping just the largest cog. The entire cassette will be replaced.
    Last edited by SadieKate; 08-12-2008 at 09:48 AM.
    Frends know gud humors when dey is hear it. ~ Da Crockydiles of ZZE.

Fantastic! I was surprised they would sell you that bike with a double to begin with. Good for you to have gone there and requested the change.

I hope you will enjoy the new challenges allowed to you by the new gearing!

http://www.terrybicycles.com/movies.html

On the Terry site, there is a short video called "Bicycle Gears" that explains the gearing, and the problems with cross-chain that will be very helpful for you as you learn the ins and outs of your triple.