Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Jet? What were they thinking!

To disable ads, please log-in.

Ok, after 20 years of riding a very nice (but too big) Scapin that I had struggled to make more woman friendly, I went into the LBS and bought a Specialized Ruby Elite. For being the 'bottom end' Ruby, it works quite well (although I miss the Dura Ace on my old mount), except for that saddle. Good gosh, one ride and off it came. Right now I have my MTB seat on it, a Terry Butterfly, which is comfy but too squishy for a road bike IMO. And it's a little too wide in the nose. So I am off to measure my sit bones and see just what is out there for women today!

It was also nice to find this site. I'm barely 5'2", with shorter legs and a longer torso than average so bike fit has always been a pain. The Ruby feels just about right.

Tzvia

Hi Tzvia! Welcome to TE.

I did not have a very good experience with the Jett either, but lots of other members like it.

Saddles are very personal.

Very personal indeed. The Jett and my sitting areas get along very well. I even bought a second one to put on my rain bike. But, what works for me is not going to be stellar for everyone. Good luck in your search for the perfect saddle.
    "Sharing the road means getting along, not getting ahead" - 1994 Washington State Driver's Guide

visit my flickr stream http://flic.kr/ps/MMu5N

And you might consider advertising your Jett for sale on the For Sale area here -- someone might be looking for just that saddle! A lot of saddles seem to change hands (uh, butts) here. We all are built differently and have different preferences.

Glad you're liking your new Ruby!

Emily
    Emily

2011 Jamis Dakar XC "Toto" - Selle Italia Ldy Gel Flow
    2007 Trek Pilot 5.0 WSD "Gloria" - Selle Italia Diva Gel Flow
    2004 Bike Friday Petite Pocket Crusoe - Selle Italia Diva Gel Flow