Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

To disable ads, please log-in.

Quote Originally Posted by Dogmama View Post
    ...Or, the guy who does back-to-back classes when others are waiting for the second class? I talked to management & they said they can't (won't) do anything because he's a paying member like everybody else...
    Well, I didn't shut anybody out. There were a few bikes left in each class today. But I did do 3 in a row. It's about 20F outside and the roads are powder-snow-on-ice. NOT my kind of cycling conditions, though some do bike through the Winter here. Nor do I have rollers or some other trainer to prop my bike up on, or a place in the house where I can see doing that. So it's spin classes all winter for me, and as I try to put in increasing numbers of hours it'll have to be back-to-back classes. Maybe that's what his situation is like too, and maybe that's why he joined the gym ...? For instance, today will be my only Monday without choir practice until after ALC, and thus my only chance to do the 3-in-a-row experiment. Other days, there simply aren't 3 classes back-to-back at my gym. So I told the instructors as each came around to collect our tickets that I'd be "riding my own ride" and using their class to keep myself alert and entertained at a moderate "pace", which would be about 75-80% of max HR. They were very supportive and encouraging. All in all it came to 3 hrs and 15 minutes. It'll probably be my longest "ride" until the snow is gone from the bike paths. I plan to do a double-session tomorrow and Wednesday as well (last week I noticed there are half-a-dozen of us doing that), then the endurance class (75 minutes) on Friday and the intervals class Saturday morning. At 9+ hours I hope it'll be my biggest indoor spin week ever. I'll be away next week, then have one moderate week, away again the week after, then another moderate week, then in CA for a couple of road rides, and when I get home after that I hope I'll be able to do the rest of my training outdoors. I'll be glad to be outdoors, but I'll miss some of my instructors. I've promised them postcards from California to tell them how their coaching has paid off on my ALC ride. Ooh! That reminds me. I need to get sunglasses.
    Last edited by Duck on Wheels; 02-16-2009 at 12:22 PM.
    Half-marathon over. Sabbatical year over. It's back to "sacking shirt and oat cakes" as they say here.