Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

To disable ads, please log-in.

Update on my headwear situation...

I'm totally a Buff convert now. Though I look like a goober.

I'm the only one that wears the thing. My hair is so awful, I don't take it off to go into the weight room either. One of my instructor friends was giving me a hard time "that I look SO serious lol". Lucky her... her hair doesn't do the crazy stuff mine does and she's got a short cut.

I'm very impressed on the amount of sweat the Buff soaks up! I don't even really need my towel anymore. Plus, the Buff is a whole lot easier to keep up with versus half a dozen baby hair barrets in the bottom of the gym bag.

I'm a buff gal too. Terry Cycling has all the buffs I've ever needed. I have about 10 of them, all in different colors. Yes, Miranda, you are so right about the amount of sweat the buff soaks up. Thank goodness for buffs!
    The Journey is the Reward.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeek View Post
    I'm a buff gal too. Terry Cycling has all the buffs I've ever needed. I have about 10 of them, all in different colors. Yes, Miranda, you are so right about the amount of sweat the buff soaks up. Thank goodness for buffs!

Zeek... I am getting a collection of Buffs now lol. It's hard not to do when they have so many fun colors and prints.

Quote Originally Posted by Miranda View Post
    Zeek... I am getting a collection of Buffs now lol. It's hard not to do when they have so many fun colors and prints.
    Agreed! Almost as fun as buying shoes! lol..

How do you wear the buff?

I have been growing my hair out from a pixie. It's now near the bottom of my ears. I still have layers, that get styled/trimmed every eight weeks. I also got my hair straightened and have become friends with the flat iron.
    Now, my hair isn't curly. It twists, bends, frizzes and the bottom layers now actually stick straight up and over the longer layer if I don't iron them...
    I bought a buff and although my hair is dry and pretty good on the top and around my face after a class, the ends are sopped and flipping. I am wearing it like a wide headband in class.
    I just ordered a new buff that is smaller, for women's faces, since my head is teeny.
    But I am dreading the cycling season and what i will look like. I am hoping it will be long enough to pull back by May.

Quote Originally Posted by kajero View Post
    I just put it over my head and bring it down below my chin, and then I move it up to my forehead so it's wrapped around my forehead to catch the sweat. Does that make sense? Like you would wear a head band.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeek View Post
    Agreed! Almost as fun as buying shoes! lol..
    HA! Yea, except when you have all this colorful fun on your head in the Buff, it draws away from the shoes lol.

Quote Originally Posted by kajero View Post
    google "buyabuff.com". It's a Canadian web site. Free ship for two Buffs or more. Under $200 US$ and it's duty free. They carry the Women's slim fit. REI.com also carries a few Buffs. But not the slim fit ladies size (size post below about youth size, REI does carry that). Terry's site has a couple too. Last year Terry had some exclusive Terry prints that matched their jerseys. At the end of year sale, I got a Princess print for $11!

Quote Originally Posted by Crankin View Post
    I have been growing my hair out from a pixie...
    I just ordered a new buff that is smaller, for women's faces, since my head is teeny.
    But I am dreading the cycling season and what i will look like. I am hoping it will be long enough to pull back by May.
    I just said this to my new hairdresser. OMG! I hate the thought of cutting my hair off because the sides are FINALLY long enough to get into a ponytail for the helmet.

Long story short, I have a disaster from my prior hairdresser I've been trying to fix. The best bet really is to just cut it out and start over. All I can figure to do is stuff the crazy short pieces up into the helmet, then crank the tention strap the rest of the way to get the fit. Sorta like the concept of a swim cap and tucking hair into that.

If you also mean when you stop with a group and take your helmet off... well... you could carry a Buff with you and slip it over the hair crazy mess to cover it. They have some prints with bikes in them that are really fun.

Lastly... women's slim fit Buffs... I have diff sizes at my house. Actually, the women's slim fit is the same size as the youth. DD has one. Thus, if you see a print in a boys/girls size you like, it fits like the slim fit.

Btw, I wear a size small Giro helmet head circumfrance 54cm.

The slim fit starts out a bit tight, but will stretch some with wear. The original still fits, but just more relaxed.

Thanks. I haven't received my slim fit buff yet; the buff company charged me twice for the order, got that straightened out, so now just waiting.
    I am going nordic skiing today, so I will be looking lovely when I am done. I just sweat so much, compared to everyone else. Then my hair goes wild, even if I start off with it nicely flat ironed.
    I have to get some barrets, too.

Thanks for the buff suggestions, folks!
    I had seen them without knowing what they were, now we have a couple on the way.

I'm a diehard beanie/toque/wooliehat wearer, this looks like a fantastic alternative.
    I ride my bicycle to ride my bicycle

I've dared DH to wear a jersey and helmet to spinning. So far, no go. Got my iphone camera handy, just in case......
    "Well-behaved women seldom make history." --Laurel Thatcher Ulrich

'09 Trek WSD 2.1 with a Brooks B-68 saddle
    '11 Trek WSD Madone 5.2 with Brooks B-17