Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

2008 PMC (Pan Mass Challenge)

To disable ads, please log-in.

I want to wish all of you riding in the PMC a safe and enjoyable ride this weekend. I'll be cheering for you Sunday morning on Setucket Road in Dennis.

You are all an inspiration.

To find out more about the PMC, visit www.pmc.org.

Hi,
    Thanks for coming out and cheering us on.

I am a first year PMC Rider and it was an incredible experience.

There was so much energy in the air from the crowds supporting us and the other riders it just make the miles fly by.

Can't wait to do it again next year!

Congratulations on completing your first PMC. I'm so glad you had a great experience. It's an amazing fundraising event. You should be extremely proud of all the good you are doing for cancer research.

This was my 4th PMC, but this year I did the Wellesley-Bourne-Wellesley route. The 2nd day going back to Wellesley is a very different experience. You see very few riders, and almost no-one turns out with extra water, food, etc. between the 2 rest stops. Also there were almost no police directing traffic so it was more like the usual riding conditions. On the other hand, since I live near Wellesley it meant I didn't have to spend on a motel the night before and could sleep in my own bed. It is a hoot to ride the PMC, I'm glad I did the Sturbridge-Bourne-Provincetown a couple of times before the minimum pledge topped the $4,000. Since I've retired, next year I will probably just do a one day and volunteer the other. Maybe I'll be able to get my youtube link to work tomorrow.

Congrats to all that did this ride for such a great cause. I spent last Friday at the end of my work day browsing through pictures from past rides, lots of them and looked like a ton of folks doing the ride. I was checking them out because I thought it so funny - I got not one but TWO emails from John Kerry, asking me to support him. I almost responded - I'll sponsor you in your ride if you sponsor me in mine. Clearly he was using his email database from 2004. And the second email was from Ted Kennedy's wife actually, which was very touching, truth be told. So was John's even, as he talked about the ride meaning so much more because of Ted. What can I say, I'm a sucker for a real-life story.

Hope you all had fun!
    You too can help me fight cancer, and get a lovely cookbook for your very own! My team's cookbook is for sale Click here to order. Proceeds go to our team's fundraising for the Philly Livestrong Challenge!

Yes, as an ordinary rider with a short e-mail list I have to admit to a certain ambivalence to the "celebrity" riders that can send thousands of e-mails. It is wonderful because they can raise many thousands of dollars. But in the case of most of them, they are wealthy enough that they can make much bigger donations themselves than most of the rest of us.

yeah, the dollar amounts are steep now... didn't do the pmc this year as we were in the midst of trying to sell a house at registration time so... thank you to everyone who did ride, and sooner or later I will be back among you!