Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 5 of 19 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

To disable ads, please log-in.

Oh dear, now I won't be able to get THAT image out o'my head after I check in....Thanks, Zen!
    "If there are no dogs in heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." (Will Rogers)

I won't be able to do this ride this year, is there a link to the cue sheets, so I can enjoy the area on my own?

I hope you all have a wonderful time, and will be thinking of you.

I've never been but this site might be a start.
    http://www.fws.gov/blackwater/cycling.html
    2008 Trek FX 7.2/Terry Cite X
    2009 Jamis Aurora/Brooks B-68
    2010 Trek FX 7.6 WSD/stock bontrager

OK you girls have my curiosity up now...I just called the HOliday Inn Express today and she told me that I was taking the last room with 2 beds in it..(beds are doubles-have no clue how big/little a double bed is)..she didn't ask or mention anything about smoking, and I didn't think about smoking as my riding partner nor I smoke.... I must call back to find out.!!!!..
    (I do know there is a pool and sauna but no workout room...I had to ask.)

Well, I called back to the Hol. Inn Xpress. The room that I reserved was a smoking room. I had such a poor connection or something, it was hard to hear her. The man this morning laughed and wondered why anyone riding a bike would want a smoking room. So, I called the Comfort Inn. They have no rooms left with 2 beds in them unless we want smoking. They do have rooms (3 left) with one King bed and a pull out sofa. I took that room. They have a free cont. breakfast, a pool and a workout/weight room. I guess I should've booked the room last year, knowing how fast the event sold out...should've listened to my inner voices instead of other people!!..

It's starting to sound as if it's going to be a zoo that weekend.
    "How about if we all just try to follow these very simple rules of the road? Drive like the person ahead on the bike is your son/daughter. Ride like the cars are ambulances carrying your loved ones to the emergency room. This should cover everything, unless you are a complete sociopath."
    David Desautels, in a letter to velonews.com

Random babblings and some stuff to look at.

ShellyJ....Sounds like you and I spoke to the same fellow at the Holiday Inn Express. I hope the 'non-smoking' room I nabbed earlier in the week really IS non-smoking. A room scented with Eau de Stale Cigarette is no fun, at least for this non-smoker!
    "If there are no dogs in heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." (Will Rogers)

HI Express is full. I ended up at the Comfort Inn.
    with taxes, etc. 129.86 for queen and sofa bed.

I'm going down Friday night and staying two nights. I'm really excited. Last year I made the terrible mistake of having too much fun Sat night and was not in cycling form Sunday morning.

This year I'm determined to keep my wits about me for the whole weekend. LOL. I just wish they'd do the ride on Saturday. I think it would be great ride Sat, eat/drink/be merry Sat night, have a lazy breakfast ride Sunday morning then head home.

Ah well --- it will be fun, the park really was gorgeous and as someone who doesn't know what it's like to ride more than 10min without a car whizzing by - I can't wait to experience the peace of open road through the quiet again!

Theresa

You know LadyinWhite, I do like your idea of a Sat. ride, all day, a social event Sat night, and then a lazy ride again on Sunday. My riding parter and myself will be coming from out of state for this, so our time is really spent on the road. We are traveling down Sat, find the hotel, sleep, ride and go back home right from the ride.
    Who knows, this event is bigger than the maiden event from last year, so they may even make it even bigger next year. (hint Georgina, hint hint)
    I would be all for a whole big event weekend..-granted they have made kayaking available on Sat. but doubt we will arrive in time to participate. (So they have offered it into being a whole weekend event.) With this being our first year to ever participate in an out of state event, we weren't sure what we were getting into so we were conservative on the whole thing.
    Either way, I'm getting excited, as it is a vacation from work and looking forward to meeting so many of you, actually putting faces to names...

We should find a restaurant for a meet & greet Saturday night

That's a great idea!

Just please don't choose the place we went to last year. The only thing good there was the deep-fried pickles and I'm not ready to make a meal out of those.
    "How about if we all just try to follow these very simple rules of the road? Drive like the person ahead on the bike is your son/daughter. Ride like the cars are ambulances carrying your loved ones to the emergency room. This should cover everything, unless you are a complete sociopath."

Which place was that?

Actually, I tried to remember but couldn't. Shows what an impression it made on me. Maybe DB, Withm or Regina would remember.