Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

To disable ads, please log-in.

The Wild Goose rate at the Holiday Inn Express in Cambridge is $109.

And I don't think I'm going to find good vegan food anywhere on the Eastern Shore, so it doesn't really matter what town I eat in.

I just made a reservation at the Comfort Inn. The Holiday Inn Express is already booked up for non-smoking rooms. Go figure.

Quote Originally Posted by withm View Post
    I just made a reservation at the Comfort Inn. The Holiday Inn Express is already booked up for non-smoking rooms. Go figure.
    Huh, I got a non-smoking room. Must have gotten the last one.

I'd be willing to share a room if anyone wants to (and wears earplugs because I think I snore. Ask DebW if you need to know.)

Email talktous@terrybicycles.com and ask to be wait-listed. I haven't heard back yet though

Ok, here's a search from SideStep.com showing rates for multiple hotels that weekend beginning at $100. Click on Map View to see locations relative to Easton and Cambridge.

I just booked at Days Inn in Easton.

(Can you tell I'm bored at work today?)
    "How about if we all just try to follow these very simple rules of the road? Drive like the person ahead on the bike is your son/daughter. Ride like the cars are ambulances carrying your loved ones to the emergency room. This should cover everything, unless you are a complete sociopath."
    David Desautels, in a letter to velonews.com

Random babblings and some stuff to look at.

Looking at all the love there that's sleeping
    Quote Originally Posted by divingbiker View Post
    Huh, I got a non-smoking room. Must have gotten the last one.

I'd be willing to share a room if anyone wants to (and wears earplugs because I think I snore. Ask DebW if you need to know.)
    I may take you up on that, if DH doesn't want to go, and if I do some kayaking the day before. Otherwise...I think I'd just do an out-and-back daytrip.

And I heard no snoring (or noise of any kind) from your side of the room in Harper's Ferry. Of course...I did have that earplug!
    2007 Seven ID8 - Bontrager InForm
    2003 Klein Palomino - Terry Firefly (?)
    2010 Seven Cafe Racer - Bontrager InForm
    2008 Cervelo P2C - Adamo Prologue Saddle

Quote Originally Posted by squirrell View Post
    Email talktous@terrybicycles.com and ask to be wait-listed. I haven't heard back yet though

I just emailed and got a response saying that she'd added me nearly immediately.

If I go, I'll probably try to camp nearby

I still haven't heard back.

I emailed a 2nd time and got a reply. The person said they never got the first email but I've now been put on the wait list.

Just got an e-mail update about the Wild Goose Chase ride:

The Wild Goose Chase Email Update

Thank you again for registering for theThe Wild Goose Chase! It will be here before we know it, so here's the first of several updates you'll receive between now and May 3.

We're working on lots for you to do should you decide to make a weekend of it. On Saturday, May 2, here's what's in the works:

* Blackwater Paddle and Pedal has reserved the day for participants in the Wild Goose Chase. Guided kayak tours will be conducted from 8 - 10 am, 11 am - 1 pm and 2 - 4 pm. Contact them for more information or to make a reservation: 410-901-9255. Tell them you're on the Wild Goose Chase ride. These tours will sell out fast, so don't put off making your reservation. This is a spectacular way to see the heart of the Refuge.

* Enjoy self-guided bike rides to historic spots in the area. In a future email, we'll send a link so you can download directions. So far we have a century and a 30 mile ride in the works.

* An 8 a.m. bird walk will be held Blackwater NWR. Meet at the Refuge Visitor Center -- and don't forget your binoculars! Enjoy browsing and shopping the the Eagle's Nest Book and Gift Shop after your bird walk.

* Enjoy a tour of the historic Old Trinity Church and church yard from 10:30 - 11:00 am and again from 1:00 - 1:30 pm.. Old Trinity is the oldest Episcopalian church in the U.S. in continuous use; dates from c. 1675 and incorporated as Dorchester Parish in 1692.

* The infamous Terry Tent Sale will be held from noon to 5 pm at ride headquarters, the Cambridge-South Dorchester High School.

* Join us at ride headquarters, the Cambridge-South Dorchester High School between 3 and 5 pm for early-bird registration. I'll be there and I'll look forward to meeting you.

If you're coming for the weekend and need a place to stay, these hotels are offering special rates:

* Hyatt Regency, 100 Heron Blvd., Cambridge, 410-901-1234 (This resort on the Choptank River has a very nice Spa as well as other great amenities.)
    Regular rate: $279; WGC rate: $219
    Rooms are available until January 31, 2009 or until they sell out. Please ask for the Wild Goose Chase special rate of $219 when you call.
    * Comfort Inn, 2936 Ocean Gateway, Cambridge, 410-901-0926
    Regular rate: $129.99 - 149.99; WGC rate: 116.99 - 134.99
    Rooms are available until April 9, 2009 or until they sell out. Please ask for the Wild Goose Chase special rate when you call.
    * Holiday Inn Express, 2715 Ocean Gateway, Cambridge, 410-221-9900
    Regular rate: $134.99; WGC rate: 109.00
    Rooms are available until April 2, 2009 or until they sell out. Please ask for the Wild Goose Chase special rate when you call.

Watch our website for information or you can always talk to other WGC riders on our forums to share information and get answers to questions.

If you registered for riders besides yourself, please forward them this email, since we don't know who they are or how to contact them!

Tailwinds,
    Georgena

P.S. As we get closer to the ride, you may find you aren't able to attend and have to cancel. Please consider leaving your registration fee for the Friends of Blackwater. We have about 100 people on a waiting list, so we can fill your spot easily, but in these difficult economic times donations like yours are more important than ever.
    "How about if we all just try to follow these very simple rules of the road? Drive like the person ahead on the bike is your son/daughter. Ride like the cars are ambulances carrying your loved ones to the emergency room. This should cover everything, unless you are a complete sociopath."

"The infamous Terry Tent Sale will be held from noon to 5 pm at ride headquarters, the Cambridge-South Dorchester High School."

2008 Trek FX 7.2/Terry Cite X
    2009 Jamis Aurora/Brooks B-68
    2010 Trek FX 7.6 WSD/stock bontrager

More like the infamous Terry Buncha Boxes on Some Tables Under a Canopy Sale. Though I shouldn't knock it, I got a couple of nice jerseys last year.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalidurga View Post
    More like the infamous Terry Buncha Boxes on Some Tables Under a Canopy Sale.
    Yeah, it was like going to a discount store (like Marshall's) after they've had a 75% off sale. What a mess. I hate rooting through boxes. If it's not lined up on a hanger with all the sizes in a row, I'm not going to mess with it no matter how good the deal.

This is why I do all my shopping online and have nothing that is fashionable.

Quote Originally Posted by withm View Post
    I just made a reservation at the Holiday Inn Express today (1/12/09) and had no trouble snagging a non-smoking room at the WGC rate ($109 plus tax). The fellow who booked my room laughed and said he doesn't understand why they even offer smoking rooms 'cause no one ever seems to want one! Ha, ha, I hope my room isn't just "temporarily" designated non-smoking for that one weekend!
    "If there are no dogs in heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." (Will Rogers)

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Smokin'.jpg 
Views:	138 
Size:	9.4 KB 
ID:	8395
    Somebody must want a smokin' room...
    2008 Trek FX 7.2/Terry Cite X
    2009 Jamis Aurora/Brooks B-68
    2010 Trek FX 7.6 WSD/stock bontrager