Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

To disable ads, please log-in.

Thanks for the warm welcome!

I am in the middle of NY state. Halfway between Rochester and Syracuse, just about on the shore of Lake Ontario.

We have beautiful rolling hills, flatlands, lakeshore roads, forests and farmlands. A perfect place to ride really.

Maybe you could all head up this way sometime for a group ride!

I still have so many questions.... I'll try to get everything together this weekend.

I'm excited about riding.. and this forum!

Quote Originally Posted by MM_QFC! View Post

I'm headed back next week though, for my 3rd Empire State AIDS ride...from Niagara Falls - lower Manhattan, beginning 8/10.
    Any of you NY TE woman along the route? Check out the site (link is in my signature below) and let me know - would love to see any/all friendly faces along the way and I promise to respond-in-kind!

Tailwinds!
    Mary
    Hi Mary,

I've looked on the Empire State AIDS ride website...can't seem to find a page with the route or a map. I have been known to overlook things 2 inches in front of me though. Am I just blind as a bat??

Anyway, I live not too far from Niagara Falls (Sanborn) and would love to see the start of this ride. Can you point me to a map link?
    Jane

Every human being must be viewed according to what it is good for; for none
    of us, no not one, is perfect; and were we to love none who had
    imperfections, this world would be a desert for our love.

--- Thomas Jefferson

Hi Breanna, I haven't seen much activity from Songlady here lately, she lives in Rochester. Her and I have never met up, and we live like an hour apart, our schedule never coordinated. The only TE'r I've met was MM-QFC last year on the Empire AIDS ride and that was a blast. Do you live near SOdus? That is a beautiful town. DH bought a truck from there and he has to get it serviced soon for some warranty issues. We thought about taking our bikes up that day and riding around.

I'm in Saratoga County as well. You should check out www.nylunachix.com for some women's group rides, clinics and events.

Quote Originally Posted by JaneE View Post
    Hi Mary,

I've looked on the Empire State AIDS ride website...can't seem to find a page with the route or a map. I have been known to overlook things 2 inches in front of me though. Am I just blind as a bat??

Anyway, I live not too far from Niagara Falls (Sanborn) and would love to see the start of this ride. Can you point me to a map link?
    Hi Jane!
    Nope, you're not blind at all; there isn't a stored route map on the site, as the ride director doesn't usually publish it and there is always the possibility of a last minute change or 2...in fact, she has changed the last 2 days of the ride, so I'm interested in seeing the new route too.
    I know the particulars of the first day though, so here's the info for you:

opening ceremonies/ride out:
    Sun, 8/10 @ 8AM - Terrapin Point between US falls and Canadian Horseshoe Falls...riders will mainly be on the Seaway trail (isn't it state route 18?) for this 1st day of the ride/106 miles.
    Morning rest stop: Wilson-Tuscarora SP
    Lunch stop: Golden Hill SP, Barker, NY
    Afternoon rest stop: Hamlin Beach SP
    Sunday overnight camp: Rohrbach bathhouse and grounds, Ontario Beach Park, Beach Ave, Charlotte area of Rochester.

Yes - it was great to meet Shelly last year! This year I'm not riding, as I was hit by a car 3 months ago and not 'cleared to ride yet'; I will be driving the lead road support vehicle, so that I can hang out with and care for my rider buddies on the route.

When we leave Rochester on Monday morning, we'll head south and stop in Penfield again for the AM rest stop.
    I know that Shelly has out-of-town commitments this year, so I'll miss seeing her...and it'd be great to meet you, f'sure!

Let me know if I should watch for you somewhere, ok? Thanks
    Tailwinds!
    Mary