Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    foothills of the Ozarks aka Tornado Alley

To disable ads, please log-in.

Quote Originally Posted by Drtgirl View Post
    I exercise anywhere from 5-7pm, depending on the nature of the workout and I'm definitely not overtraining (been too tired to work out lately). I'm 30. I *love* Diet Coke and usually have one with lunch and dinner.
    You *may* be in peri-menopause, but you are really young if you are. One sign of my menopause was the sleep pattern disturbance. It was so bad that I only got about 3 hours of sleep a night. Needless to say it wasn't long until my gyne prescribed an Rx that is non-habit forming and I wake up feeling refreshed and not groggy. I tried the melatonin and it works if you are already have a regular sleep pattern. If not, you have to resort to something a little more effective.

Perhaps limit your diet Coke to noon and a caffeine free DC at dinner?

I get 303 s from my naturopath...it is Valerian and some other other things...or Schizandra Dreams which not only helps one fall asleep but you get a free pass to the movies in your head all night

Where are you? Accupuncture can help as well....But sleep hygiene is most important ...don't excercise right before bed, no caffeine after 4 or 5 or 3,
    DON''T WATCH THE NEWS...

Keep your bedroom for sleeping/reading/intimate moments...the only electronics we have are a fan or a clock

I also find reading pretty much knocks me out....
    Discipline is remembering what you want.

drtgirl:

You've gotten a lot of good feedback and options....and I'm sorry to add one more thing.

My life is very complex living in two cities and two time zones. I could never "turn off my brain" and when I did get to sleep, it would be short lived at best. Now, I'm sleeping well despite riding until 8 or 9 PM. Here's what I did:

I did three things:
    - I put blinds on my bedroom window
    - I cut out Diet Coke (I was on a habit of 8-10/day!!!) and limited my evening meal to fruit and veggies
    - I started using Calm (Magnesium) on the recommendation of my chiropractor. There are some ummm - deliterious digestive effects - at first, but after a few days, it's amazing how much better I felt...and still feel.

Also, congrats on smoking competitors and not cigs!
    Last edited by Mr. Bloom; 08-02-2008 at 12:27 PM.
    If you don't grow where you're planted, you'll never BLOOM - Will Rogers