Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Hybrid View

bikejournal.com Premier Club

I'd like to encourage everyone using bikejournal to join as a premier member. We are heavily utilizing the site and actively asking for enhancements. Membership is very inexpensive ($10 per year) and if 50% of our team are Premier Members, the club earns Premier Club Status. This is a terrific site and provides lots of enjoyment for everyone.

Premier membership benefits:
    --supports the time and expenses incurred with development and maintenance of the site.
    --further establishes your credibility with other members.
    --includes advanced features, such as graphing, enhanced stats, journal upload capability, etc. that will only be available to premier members when complete.

Clubs with 50% or more members having individual premier memberships will become premier clubs automatically. This is particularly helpful for state-, country-, or world-wide clubs with no central location. Premier benefits will only apply to those individual members who have gone premier, but the club will earn the polka-dot jersey as long as the 50% or better ratio is maintained.
    We currently stand at 32% Premier Membership (8 out of 25). Slantz works very hard and is very response to our requests. Let's support his unpaid efforts. Personally, I'd love to see that Polka-dot jersey next to our name showing that we recognize and appreciate the site's benefits (just equate it to shopping on TE) .

Already a member :)

I love the fact that the site is free, but I'm one of those people who likes to donate to free sites that they frequent. So, I joined. Besides, it's only $10 and can help improvements to the site.

Mel

Yep, you can tell who is a member by the pretty yellow jersey next to their name. I want a yellow jersey AND a polka-dot jersey (and some red Castelli shorts and . . . )

Yep - I'm more than happy to pay to support the site, but not sure how I can do this from the UK. Any suggestions? I've got a Paypal account set up for when I use ebay.

How to pay using PayPal

Thank you, MM!

If you go to the home page you'll see a yellow jersey icon. Click on it and it will tell you about membership. There is a PayPal link there.

There are members from an incredible number of countries, so I think this should work.

Thank you Sadie ma'am

I tried to push the polkd-dot jersey on the other TE BJ thread but I think it got lost in all the exciting new members and the mileage chat! I appreciate you trying to get everyone to sign up, and I know Slantz does too. And I'm with ya Sadie: I want the polka-dot jersey next to my team name so I can look smugly around and say: "I may not be able to ride 300+ miles a day, but I have a polka-dot Jersey!!"
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, champagne in one hand, strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming: "Yeah Baby! What a Ride!"

Attn any and all new (or not) riders

We've got so many new members, I thought I'd bump this thread to the top. For any of you interested in keeping track of your rides, there's a great, free site out there called BikeJournal.com. It lets you track just about anything and everything you'd ever want to track on a ride and we've got a team going over there: Team Estrogen. Gives everyone a chance to see what everyone Else is doing.........or you can keep your miles private if you so choose. We'd love to see ya'll so come on down!!!
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, champagne in one hand, strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming: "Yeah Baby! What a Ride!"

And a postscript to that message, Corsair. I've been thinking of encouraging all our Club TE members to take the time to post the rides they are going to participate in so we can all follow each other's efforts. You can do that by going to the "RIDE" pull-down menu at the top navigation bar on the club home page at the BikeJournal website. If you have a favorite route in a PDF format, you can share it with us by posting it under the "MAPS" pull-down menu. A bit of trouble but sooo helpful to your fellow riders in your area!

P.S. Corsair, think we can catch up with Audio-A and Bike Goddess this summer?
    Last edited by nuthatch; 06-03-2005 at 03:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by nuthatch
    heckie dern there cap'n, I'm doing everything I can just to stay ahead of YOU!

*still thinking about how to ride all 3 bikes same time so I can triple my mileage*

I paid my 10 bucks tonite - I did notice there is a way to transfer miles on the club screen somewhere
    Last edited by Technotart; 06-03-2005 at 05:04 PM.

Umm,... I hate to tell you ladies, but my plans are for a double imperial century weekend... don't know if I'll make it, since I've been off the bike since Monday (did 1.5 hours on the trainer - that's really not any fun, is it???) but now that I've said it outloud, I might really have to do this!

Going to pay my way on BJ!

Quote Originally Posted by CorsairMac
    heckie dern there cap'n, I'm doing everything I can just to stay ahead of YOU!
    And a fine job you're doing of it, too! Go cat go!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Audio-A
    Umm,... I hate to tell you ladies, but my plans are for a double imperial century weekend
    Curses!!! Foiled again!! My weekend ride will be short and no ride at all next weekend so my "slip will be showing" on the mileage list pretty soon.

I just noticed that I posted the idea to register your rides earlier in this thread and then repeated myself - what a drag it is getting old...

P.S. Thanks for joining up, Techno! I think we discuss transfering club miles somewhere around here.
    Last edited by nuthatch; 06-03-2005 at 07:08 PM.

Techno: are you transferring miles from another club you belong to on BJ? or just wanting to add your miles to date?
    If adding miles to date, just post as a journal entry your total miles and click the "bulk miles" tab. If transferring miles from another club....when you make Team Estrogen your primary club it will ask you if you want to transfer your miles!! and welcome to the team!

Audio-A....just coz you SAY you're gonna do it...doesn't mean you HAVE to do it! I mean after all.....you HAVE free choice hun....you could just have a nice quiet day at home if you so choose and I for one would Never fault you for that!! (but if you do the imperial double....very good luck and my thoughts go with you!)

It doesn't look like I'm going to be MTB'ng tomorrow so I'm thinking of taking on another century. Ya know - to see if the extension to my route gets me my extra 4 miles and well ya know...other things!

Corsair "not the Least bit addicted to centuries now - I'm not, I'm Not" Mac

And a postscript to that message, Corsair. I've been thinking of encouraging all our Club TE members to take the time to post the rides they are going to participate in so we can all follow each other's efforts.
    Thanks for mentioning this. I just added a ride on bike journal and saw another member from TE is already signed up. Maybe I'll see Technotart in Paris, TX in July.

Funny you should say that - we were just looking at the brochure a few minutes ago!! That will depend on my school schedule...