Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast

To disable ads, please log-in.

Yep, been there, done that many times. Just last night I did a few laps around the parking lot after a group ride to round myself up to the next mile. After getting lots of strange looks from the other riders, I made some excuse about cooling down. It felt a little weird to admit that I wanted that extra 0.2 miles.

Quote Originally Posted by SadieKate
    OMG, how long can you hold a wheelie? Mine certainly don't last long enough for the front wheel to slow down!

You suppose we can get Slantz to add a column for number of wheelies per ride?
    giggle
    I was refering to your wheelie skill, dear! Actually, I'm not good at holding them for long, but I am good at teaching them...on a mountain bike. heehee I taught 2 newbies to wheelie for a pedal stroke after 5 minutes of instruction. I cracked the code!

Namaste,
    ~T~

(but I am seriously out of practice and do need to practice both wheelies and jumps!)

Quote Originally Posted by LBTC
    I cracked the code!
    (but I am seriously out of practice and do need to practice both wheelies and jumps!)
    The code -- that's truly what it is. When you find that sweet combo of power stroke and position

Jumps -- with my wrist injury, I'm being a good girl. I didn't even attempt air once while we were in Oregon last month. Unlike Smurf, I kept it on the ground on my favorite ditch crossing. I even slowed down on Phil's Canyon to be sure it wasn't just a reflex. Sniff, it was so painful to be the little old lady bringing up the rear.

Mom - re the mile, but of course! My first century was on a tandem in horrible winds. Geez, we were in pain at the end. I think it was 2 laps around the parking lot before the odometer clicked over to 100 and we could officially cross the line.
    Frends know gud humors when dey is hear it. ~ Da Crockydiles of ZZE.

Quote Originally Posted by MomOnBike
    Has anyone else done this? Ride around the block an extra time just to make the Miles even - or a 'pretty' number like 34.56? Or take a 'scenic detour' just for Miles? Or alter your basic ride route slightly just to get that extra .2 Miles?

{blushing} Done all of the above. DH says that Miles is a hard task master. What does he know?

Mom(riding some odd routes)OnBike
    Who hasn't??? I've been known to do laps in the parking lot, laps around my house. I did a ride on a local bike trail, and I kept underestimating my distances. Rode past my car for a mile, came back and was still short, rode past my car the other direction, still short, one more loop in the parking lot... (why is a woman with a degree in engineering completely incapable of figuring out the math on the fly after 97.3 miles how far she needs to go to get her friggin' century??? I'm normally rather intelligent!)

Quote Originally Posted by Audio-A
    ... (why is a woman with a degree in engineering completely incapable of figuring out the math on the fly after 97.3 miles how far she needs to go to get her friggin' century??? I'm normally rather intelligent!)
    Haven't you noticed what a different place your brain is at when you go on a good, long ride? It's like meditation chanting or something - brain is unplugged!!!

Jubilee - I second or third all the aprobation! The TE club is for all of us! I'm so glad you joined and dumped your miles into the communal pot!!!

Corsair, Atlantic City?

My virtual RAAM route!!

As of tonight: I'll be in Effingham, IL eating pie at the little diner my dad always stops at on his way to St Louis!

(check out the thread titled VRC3 - you'll see me there too!)
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, champagne in one hand, strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming: "Yeah Baby! What a Ride!"

Bike journal jersey

If you are interested in a bike journal jersey the link has been added to the home page to pre-order. This is not a commitment. Just a way to request what you want so the details and price can be finalized.

Check out the miles

We are gonna shake that 50k from the TREES!!!!! Do we want to up it?

do you ever check your club standings? I do. I'm ahead of BikeMomma and chasing MomOnBike. Maybe I need a more descriptive username. How about GrannyGear?

Quote Originally Posted by maggieH
    I'm ahead of BikeMomma and chasing MomOnBike.
    ....and guess who's chasin' YOU Maggie! Muuuaaahhhaahaahaahaa (evil laugh) heehee

It's like that rider on the horizon that you see on a training ride....
    "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." --Albert Einstein

Awwwwww man!!!!! I want to be over a 1000 miles!!!! The next few weeks are going to be HELL in school tho, after that, Watch out! Im comin for ya!

Quote Originally Posted by Technotart
    Awwwwww man!!!!! I want to be over a 1000 miles!!!! The next few weeks are going to be HELL in school tho, after that, Watch out! Im comin for ya!
    You'll get there, Techno!
    "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." --Albert Einstein

So, I guess we need to up that goal on BJ? How about 75,000? Think we can manage that before end-of-year?

Techno, do you commute at all? That's one of BikeGoddess' little mileage boosters - commuting all week, then the long weekend rides. I can count on an extra 60 each week from commuting and I have fun getting to work too -

I wish I could commute - I go to class 2 days a week, and then clinicals 3 days a week. No place to take a shower, and I'd have to wear spandex through the red light district in Dallas to get there - probably not a good idea!

I am hoping next year - when I am out of school and working, to work somewhere where I can commute by bike.

Quote Originally Posted by Technotart
    I wish I could commute - I go to class 2 days a week, and then clinicals 3 days a week. No place to take a shower, and I'd have to wear spandex through the red light district in Dallas to get there - probably not a good idea!

I am hoping next year - when I am out of school and working, to work somewhere where I can commute by bike.
    Baby wipes in place of a shower and who cares about spandex in the red-light district??......they'd have to catch you to proposition you!
    I'd say Go For It!

Corsair "commutes to work every day" Mac
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, champagne in one hand, strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming: "Yeah Baby! What a Ride!"