Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast

To disable ads, please log-in.

Work sure suts into cycling time, doesn't it? Or school - I dread the next semester starting Monday because it means a LOT less time to ride - I really want to be riding 100 miles every weekend and a couple 2 to 4 shorter rides during the week. It's gonna be hard!

Quote Originally Posted by nuthatch
    Oh, so an imperial century is just a way of saying a century of miles rather than kilometers! I was thinking, hmm... were King George's miles longer than our colonial miles??? But I guess it would only be longer if you were riding nautical miles and then you'd be getting wet.
    Hmmm, so what did I end up with? I rode 62.7 miles, but it poured on the last 15, so was it a nautical century or just a metric???

Nautical century

Aww, let's call it a nautical century and start a trend. Looks like Corsair got her imperial century in this weekend and I only got a, hmm, what would you call 40 miles sprinting away from a thundercloud and up big hills? Just mighty fun ridin' I guess!

hmm, what would you call 40 miles sprinting away from a thundercloud and up big hills? Just mighty fun ridin' I guess!
    Sounds like a heck of a good time!

And... way to go C-Mac!

*shaking head*

Yup, I got bit bad. I did another imperial century (that just sounds SOOO much more important than just a plain "century) yesterday. and then for grins and giggles, rode another 50 today. Unfortunately, I don't have 2 back-to-back 8 hour days to ride a double imperial. hmmmm....I might just have to take a day off work to try that. And I'm with Nut on this one------if you're riding in the rain, it should be counted as nautical miles!
    As for mine: it started out cold - 56 degrees! I didn't want to have to carry warmers with me since my rides are all self-supported and I have to carry everything so I left them home. By the time I stopped by my LBS (6.50 miles from home) I was freezing and feeling downright whiney and cranky about riding 100 miles. As I climbed back on the bike I had talked myself out of doin a century. Soo 100.56 miles and 7:08 hours later...I got home riding the last 40 miles or so in 21 mph headwinds with 28 mph gusts. (gotta love this city) Guess it was a good thing I'd talked myself outta riding that century yesterday huh?
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, champagne in one hand, strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming: "Yeah Baby! What a Ride!"

Wow, Corsair! As a friend of mine would say, "you're just a glooten for punishment!" Hope you can still walk today!

Whooooo-eeee! I'm afraid of you grrl!

I think you're turning into one of those extreme long distance gals. Soon we'll be waiting for those "across America and beyond" road reports.

with respect,

spazzdog
    no regrets!

My ride: 2003 Specialized Allez Comp - zebra (men's 52cm), Speedplay X5 pedals, Koobi Au Enduro saddle

Spazzdog Ink Gallery
    http://www.printroom.com/pro/gratcliff

Wow, Corsair! As a friend of mine would say, "you're just a glooten for punishment!" Hope you can still walk today!
    Heck cap'n, I ain't got no brains - I rode to work today too. But my tummy is feeling a lil peaked so I'm skipping my lunch ride.

and yeah spazz....those 24 hr endurance rides actually have more appeal to me than road races do. My momma always said I weren't right in the head.
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, champagne in one hand, strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming: "Yeah Baby! What a Ride!"

I had started using bikejournal.com at the beginning of the year but then ended up doing so much on the trainer that I didn't stick with it. I know you can log trainer miles but my sensor is on my front wheel so I'd have to estimate and I didn't really know how. So, I decided to just log outdoor miles.

I'm giving it a second attempt. I did a bulk miles entry and then added my two rides from last weekend. And, most importantly, I added myself to the Team Estrogen club Now, if I can just stick with it this time.

Quote Originally Posted by skibum
    my sensor is on my front wheel so I'd have to estimate and I didn't really know how. So, I decided to just log outdoor miles.
    It's a bit of bother, but I moved my sensor to my rear wheel and mounted my computer on the seatpost. You can't read it when you are riding, which can be a blessing actually but you can get total miles, max speed, avg speed once you finish the training ride. I'm getting credit for every mile I ride, whether I'm watching red-winged blackbirds outside or a tape of the tour inside!

I never thought about moving the sensor and the computer mount. I'll have to keep that in mind. I don't really care about my seeing my mph and mileage while I ride but I do really like to monitor my cadence. I've gotten so I have a pretty good feel for what my cadence is without looking at it so maybe I wouldn't miss it as much as I think. And it would be good to know how many miles I log on the trainer. Those seem so much harder, they should count as double!

Quote Originally Posted by skibum
    Those seem so much harder, they should count as double!
    Amen, sister! They should count for double just from the boredom level! And having to smell your own sweat! Eeeuuu!

I just set up a trainer too. Not very much fun, is it??? I'm not going to count my miles there, just because it's not worth moving around my computer. If this lovely Atlanta weather would behave, I wouldn't care, but it looks like a week of training in the basement for me...

*rubbing hands together gleefully*

what??....Not counting those miles?....you mean I might just catch you yet???

(NOT)

I'm serious!

The forecast all this week has little black clouds with lightening bolts... every afternoon! And, this weekend, according to the training schedules, I should be cutting back on my miles. Go for it, girl, cause the week after next, I'll be riding every day! Oh, and get ready, cause after that, I've got a hiking trip - ZERO bike miles for two weeks! I'll send you my Powerbars - you're gonna need it!