Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

To disable ads, please log-in.

I paid, I paid...now I just need to start putting in some miles. Sorry I havent contributed any miles yet (why did I choose to go back to school instead of riding???) Do they offer a Masters in Mountain biking anywhere?

Quote Originally Posted by snowtulip
    I paid, I paid...now I just need to start putting in some miles. Sorry I havent contributed any miles yet (why did I choose to go back to school instead of riding???) Do they offer a Masters in Mountain biking anywhere?
    to make more money to support your habit in your twilight years??
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, champagne in one hand, strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming: "Yeah Baby! What a Ride!"

We are sooooooo close! Only 1.85% away!

From the Polka-dot Jersey! Won't someone else become a premier member and support the site? Don't you want a yellow jersey next to your name? Then, we can hold our heads high amongst all those other "wanna be cool" teams!

OK, I did it. Maybe seeing my mileage in writing (and knowing other more dedicated bikers can see it too) will keep me from slacking off as much.

*insert applauding emoticon here*

Welcome to the board, welcome to BJ.com, and welcome to Team Estrogen!!...wooohoooo some major welcomes there SJ! and how much fun is it to see your mileage go up as you log in!!
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, champagne in one hand, strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming: "Yeah Baby! What a Ride!"

Thumbs up We made it!

Thanks to CJCzar we are now at 50% and have earned the Polka-Dot jersey!!!!!

We now have 28, count 'em, 28 members on bikejournal.

As a side note, CJ, don't worry about how your miles compare to others. Ride for you! Not everyone rides the same stuff so their miles won't stack up the same. A mtbiker rides fewer miles than a road biker but sure puts in the same time and effort. A roadie who lives in the mtns does tons of climbing but fewer miles than someone on the flats. Miles are not the only indicator of a "dedicated" biker. Ride for your own goals and, most of all, have fun. Welcome aboard!
    Last edited by SadieKate; 04-21-2005 at 01:05 PM.

I signed up and paid yesterday. Sorry for being dumb, but where exactly is this yellow jersey. I understand the thing about TE getting the polka dots for having 50% being premier, but not the other.
    I am using a different "name" at the bikejournal site.

If you have joined as a premier member, a yellow jersey icon appears next to your name. On the home page of the journal, on the right hand side, you'll see both the yellow jersey and the polka dot jersey icons. If you click on these it will explain the benefits and give you a link to pay.

Is that what you were asking? Or did you pay and don't see the icon next to your name? It takes Slantz a day or so to process the payment and "award" the jersey.

Sorry if my response makes assumptions it shouldn't.

What's your bikejournal name or are you going incognito?

Quote Originally Posted by Robyn Maislin
    I signed up and paid yesterday. Sorry for being dumb, but where exactly is this yellow jersey. I understand the thing about TE getting the polka dots for having 50% being premier, but not the other.
    I am using a different "name" at the bikejournal site.
    what name are you using?.....if you're crankin...you got your yellow jersey coz I just saw it about 2 hrs ago.

<----me heading over to see the polka-dot jersey!!

I'm thinking ALL of us get to wear the She-Ra Tiara today!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by CorsairMac
    I'm thinking ALL of us get to wear the She-Ra Tiara today!!!!
    Woohoo! Thank you everyone!!! It's so fun to see those miles rack up - vertical, horizontal, rocky, smooth, skinny tire, fat tire, they're all fun (I'm starting to hum the Armour hotdog song...Fat kids, skinny kids, kids who climb on rocks, tough kids, sissy kids, even kids with chicken pox love hotdogs, Armour hot dogs, the dogs kids love to bite!!!) See ya'll over at BJ!

Yes, I'm Crankin, part of the unoriginal screen name I use on IM. I will have to go back to the bj site to look. I didn't ride yesterday, so I didn't look.

and Today our esteemed captains photo was up in the random shots!.......The lil nuthatch sure looks good on ya cap'n!!

I still don't see the polka-dot jersey but I'm wondering if it's coz we have 28 members and exactly 14 premier members??.....maybe we'll get the PD jersey when we have 15??

Quote Originally Posted by CorsairMac
    I still don't see the polka-dot jersey but I'm wondering if it's coz we have 28 members and exactly 14 premier members??.....maybe we'll get the PD jersey when we have 15??
    You see the jersey if you look at lists of clubs. View clubs, change ALL fields to ALL, submit the query and you'll see it. You won't see it if you go to the club home through "view my clubs" or whatever it is.

got it - I see the lil PD jersey by the teams names on the postings in the forums, but I don't see it by our team name! maybe it takes awhile to get sorted out??

Corsair, I would swear I saw it when I looked yesterday. Now it's not there. Does it come and go as your ratio varies (total members/premier members)?