Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910

To disable ads, please log-in.

So I'm all signed up, and I typed in all my rides last night, but I can't seem to see anything much on the site - I keep getting time-out messages.
    I guess this will be resolved with the new server? (I did donate to the server fund!) I'm looking forward to tracking my rides here!

I saw Katie there and N2Deep - welcome. Biker I don't see you there yet hun, if you still have problems email Slantz and he can fix it for ya!

and wow Audio: I didn't realize I was that close........not that I"m the Least bit competitive of course but 3.3 miles?....hmmmmmmm
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, champagne in one hand, strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming: "Yeah Baby! What a Ride!"

Quote Originally Posted by CorsairMac
    and wow Audio: I didn't realize I was that close........not that I"m the Least bit competitive of course but 3.3 miles?....hmmmmmmm
    Hmmm,... I'm not that competitive either, but... bring it on! Just so you can plan accordingly, I've got a century tomorrow and about a 52 mile ride planned on Sunday. Again, not that this is a competition or anything....

(actually, tomorrow's ride might not be a full 100 - it's an unsupported ride, and I'm not sure how long it will really be, and since I'm leading the ride on Sunday, I don't want to burn out tomorrow)

Quote Originally Posted by Audio-A
    Hmmm,... I'm not that competitive either, but... bring it on! Just so you can plan accordingly, I've got a century tomorrow and about a 52 mile ride planned on Sunday. Again, not that this is a competition or anything....

(actually, tomorrow's ride might not be a full 100 - it's an unsupported ride, and I'm not sure how long it will really be, and since I'm leading the ride on Sunday, I don't want to burn out tomorrow)

Too funny my friend - I'm going to be out of town tomorrow and next weekend is already booked so if I'm going to ride a century in Aug, Sun is the last true free day this month to get it in.....so Sunday will be my century!

Keeping you in my thoughts for both of your rides Audio: take care of yourself and enjoy!!
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, champagne in one hand, strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming: "Yeah Baby! What a Ride!"

Audio and Corsair, picture me waving from about 500 miles back! And that's where I'll probably be staying!

Quote Originally Posted by CorsairMac
    I saw Katie there and N2Deep - welcome.
    Thanks for the welcome!

I have a question, I'm asking here because my comfort level on this forum is a bit higher. I have been dropping weight since cycling...WOOHOO! I've gone through the bike journal site trying to figure out how to change it, but I do have a habit of overlooking the simpliest of things... I want to permanently change it so I don't have to every time I enter my miles.
    Live like you were dying...

Quote Originally Posted by n2deep2win

I have a question, I'm asking here because my comfort level on this forum is a bit higher. I have been dropping weight since cycling...WOOHOO! I've gone through the bike journal site trying to figure out how to change it, but I do have a habit of overlooking the simpliest of things... I want to permanently change it so I don't have to every time I enter my miles.
    I don't know if there's a way to make it stay the same. It looks like the field is meant to reflect weight change just as you would report different weather each time you ride, i.e. there isn't a default setting it will display every time you record a ride. You could take it out of your lineup all together if you didn't want to fill it in each time, I guess.

Hmm.... I went back and took another look at the Journal "configure" function and I guess I'm not sure what you mean. The previously entered weight will appear when you add a ride so you can modify it if you want. Or you can just leave it the same. Sorry! Welcome to the club, btw!!

Speaking of weight, I got to see Tina Pic (Quark) up close at the Downers Grove Women's USCF International Open this afternoon and that woman is so lean! It seems like most of the pro women are small gals as well as being very low body fat. Is there an advantage to being petite in racing those technical criterium races?
    Last edited by nuthatch; 08-20-2005 at 05:38 PM.

N2Deep: you can also contact slantz and tell him what you're looking for. I'm not sure what you're asking since I don't track weight but Slantz can answer your questions.

Audio: Please tell me you got to ride this weekend coz I rode along with you in my head. Woke up this morning with every joint aching and allergies in complete control and a knee that decided to remind me I'm 46 - so I didn't ride. Actually - I didn't do Anything and that's ok. I've decided now I just need to change my plans for next Sat and try that century then! *rooting Audio from the sidelines*

Shouldn't there be a preposition in that last sentence? I mean, it could be an american vs. kiwi English thing, but the last time I checked, rooting someone and rooting *for* someone were quite different concepts!

(Feel free to give me a virtual dead arm - I can never resist teasing people.)
    Last edited by DirtDiva; 08-21-2005 at 01:19 PM.
    Drink coffee and do stupid things faster with more energy.

Quote Originally Posted by tlkiwi
    Shouldn't there be a preposition in that last sentence? I mean, it could be an american vs. kiwi English thing, but the last time I checked, rooting someone and rooting *for* someone were quite different concepts!

(Feel free to give me a virtual dead arm - I can never resist teasing people.)

wellllll now that would depend - since I want to be sure Audio got her rides in *rooting Audio from the sideslines* would be correct. I wanted to be sure she wasn't just standing around doing nothing (like me) but was actually getting out there and riding!

and since I was riding along with her in my mind - I guess I couldn't be *rooting For Audio from the sidelines* coz I wasn't there either...I was mentally riding with her!

*cigh* now I guess it's My turn to be dead armed (?? deadarm??) LOLOL

CM - I got in some rides, but with the heat, not as many either day as planned. But, y'all will still be proud. I did a ride yesterday that went through the heart of Atlanta - which has normally scared the be-jeezies out of me, but instead of driving to the trail that I usually use to build miles, I rode my bike. I took a shortcut, so I only ended up with 92, and it was just too hot to do much more. Then today, I led a women's ride, and my course was 52 miles. But, it was about 95 degrees, and the ladies mutinied, so we cut it short to about 40. It was still a blast though. On the last group ride I did on this route, I got dropped about 10 miles in, but not this time! Yippee for me!

Is it just me, or can y'all check the club's stats? I get timeout messages, so I can't really check up on my progress!

No, club stats are really iffy - we just have to hang in there until the new server is up! I didn't log any miles this weekend because I was at the Downers Grove USPRO Criterium. What a blast seeing all those big names riding that 1.2 mile course (with eight turns!). And Tina Pic won her 4th Elite Women's National Championship!

Inside/outside miles

There's a way to figure out both inside and outside miles combined on the BJ. There's also a stat for all outside miles.

Look at some of the BJ forums. I'm on team Mahi Mahi- Furnace Creek 508 race (crewing). Also Sadie Kate started a thread on Jelly Belly which is pretty hilarious. Scroll through- this group is VERY supportive as is the Women's group here. I appreciate that. Also can only talk about bike related subjects so it keeps the riff raff out.

Seeing my miles against others is a definite challenge for me. It's fun- sometimes someone will be .4 mile ahead. So, for sure I'll catch up the next day unless....that's the other fun part. Never know when someone is going to pass you casue they did a big ride the other day and just posted it!!!
    Nancy