Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

bicycling.com personal trainer

To disable ads, please log-in.

So...who has tried this? I signed up this morning and got some pretty strange results. First I noticed that it recommended 15.6 hours of cardio per week! I said I was a novice. I was able to correct that manually. Then I chose to train for a century and had the menu made for me. I went to the grocery, just to see what all this food would cost. Just for me, no extras, nothing for the kid, cost me $150.00. That is supposed to be one weeks worth (with a some food left over).

There were WAY too many frozen foods on the menu for my taste. On one particular day it suggested that I eat THREE lean cuisines for lunch! The program has me on 2500- 3000 per day. I know I will be weight training and riding more but sheesh, that's alot of food.

Quote Originally Posted by Barb
    There were WAY too many frozen foods on the menu for my taste. On one particular day it suggested that I eat THREE lean cuisines for lunch! The program has me on 2500- 3000 per day. I know I will be weight training and riding more but sheesh, that's alot of food.
    yeah - but they're Lean Cuisines! I don't usually go into things like that - my diet is so restrictive I can't eat over half of what they would recommend. and I live alone, 2 dogs, 4 cats and spend about $100 - $150 every 2 weeks just on food for me. Welcome to my world!
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, champagne in one hand, strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming: "Yeah Baby! What a Ride!"

BARB-I do centuries all the time (no kidding) and I don't eat nearly that much food- something is amiss here!

There are lots of suggestions on this forum for food- might take a little looking but we've all put in our two cents worth in for free!
    Nancy

Who "sponsors" this bicycling.com nutrition site?

If they are recommending brand name foods, I'd wonder.

spazz - feeling a bit cycnical
    no regrets!

My ride: 2003 Specialized Allez Comp - zebra (men's 52cm), Speedplay X5 pedals, Koobi Au Enduro saddle

Spazzdog Ink Gallery
    http://www.printroom.com/pro/gratcliff

You hit the nail on the head Spazz. It was all Lean Cuisine this and Campbells that. I couldn't eat all of that food and still get on my bike! I cut it down to about 1/2 to 2/3 of what they recommend in a day (depending on activity that day). That looks about right. I did the workout and rode (more miles than they suggested) and I feel pretty good. I don't think I will keep this up after the free trial.