Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Selle SLR Diva Gel Flow????

To disable ads, please log-in.

anyone try this? I'm narrowing b/t this and the "regular" Selle SLR gel flow, which I have on my bike right now (but need in a different color of course!). It seems ok. The Selle Aspide I tried was like two hot pokers going through my sit bones. HORRID. I knew at mile 5 (in a race no less) that I was in big trouble...

Hey Boston,
    I just got the Diva even though I ordered it months ago. I just put it on my bike today but to late to try it. I've been riding the selle Italia Lady gel flow for years, but thought I'd give this one a try. Sorry I can't be of more help. I'll post after I've put a few miles on it.

Thanks. Let me know how it goes. I'm debating b/t that and the SLR gel flow.

I'd like to hear about it, too. I'm getting one of their MTB saddles in the mail today because I found it on sale. The Diva looks nice, but it's pretty pricey, so if it doesn't work, and you can let us know why, or if it's anything like other saddles you've tried, let us know! I'm always looking.
    Because not every fast cyclist is a toothpick...

Brick House Blog

Sorry girls, haven't been out to ride. Since I bought my saddle it hasn't stopped pouring here in the east. There are severe weather alerts out and a few tornados touched down in NH today. Not good riding weather. Soon as I try it I'll post a review.

Yup - I've tried it!

Background: I usually ride the Specialized Jett in 143 or 155 depending on the bike. I really like it - but was tempted by the Selle Italia for 3 reasons:

1. It's white & I thought it would look hot on my Serotta
    2. I am always in search of something better (even though I am really pleased with the Jett)
    3. From the pictures it looked like the cutout was huge & I normally find the bigger the cutout the better.

Here are the results:

1. It did look hot
    2. It was extemely uncomfortable - after about 5 miles I wasn't sure I could finish my 50mile ride - but I did & was chafed in some very intimate areas for several days - right on the big C word!
    3. The cutout was not nearly as big in reality as it appeared in the picture

So - I sent it back & got a refund. Then I put the Jett back on my bike & it is lovely. The next time I am in the US I might buy a white one (it's only available in black in the UK). I ride it slightly nose up & it's great.

Okay, I tried it this morning. Only had time for a quick 10 mile but my initial reaction for the first two miles was it was going to be the one. The padding in the back is good, I usually ride a Selle Italia Lady gel flow with the cutout. I agree with Alimey, the cutout looks bigger in the pictures than it actually is. I didn't notice it at all which I take as a good thing. I tend to ride on the tops and the hoods but my Privates started to hurt at about mile five. This may be just saddle tweaking. I think I need to lower the nose a bit and maybe adjust fore and aft. I had no chafing and my thighs are burly. The jury is still out for me. I need to do the tweaking and see. I have the black one and it looks pretty sharp on my purple Orbea Dama.

Selle Italia Diva Gel Flow

I just tried one out today and want it. I bought a road bike a few weeks ago and rode 45 miles on a Cobb seat (demo) then tried another 20 miles on that and was so sore for so long afterward, I realized I couldn't keep using it. So I got a Selle Italia Lady Gel Flow (demo) and rode about 1 hour on it yesterday and could barely stand it. I'm still sore from the final the 20 mi. on that Cobb and now it's worse. BUTT I tried out a Selle Italia Diva Gel Flow today and despite all this pre-existing soreness, I was able to sit well on it, comfortably, and ride - around for 5-10 minutes. They didn't have it in white so I'm going to order one for my Scott CR-1 Comp. I'll let you know if I am not happy with it after riding on it for longer periods. FYI I'm new to road biking, coming from having ridden and loved a cushy Serfas seat on an old Bridgestone hybrid.
    Last edited by MAV; 10-10-2010 at 06:06 PM. Reason: to add bike type

I recently got a selle italia DIVA gel flow saddle, and so far so good (after ~100 miles). I am very hard to fit, and find most saddles don't support my sit bones. I'd been using the Brooks Finesse, which is the best I'd found, but recently having serious issues with urethral irritation and infection, and my urologist really wanted me to try a saddle with a cut-out. I have to say the DIVA is the only saddle other than the Finesse that seems wide enough to support my sit bones. It is definitely more comfortable in the front, and in fact I am much more comfortable in my drops than with the Finesse (in fact I avoid the drops with the finesse which isn't good either). Its not quite as comfortable in the rear, but I am still playing with adjustments. But the good news is no saddle sores or urethral irritation, its just not slipping away under me the way the brooks does. What it really has going for it, is that it has very long rails giving you a wide range of adjustment possibilities, and the rear is wide over a longer range than most saddles. What I find is that it forces me more into a position where I a roll my hips forward, rather sitting on my sit bones. As a consequence it seems to be demanding more core strength. Its also MUCH lighter than th Brooks saddle, and looks way better on the bike. I was waiting to put more miles on it before writing a report, but thought I'd chime in now. I did a search here before purchasing, and alsmost didn't buy it since someone described it as more pear than T, but I am definitely a T rider, and would call it more T than pear shaped.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	newsaddle.jpg 
Views:	883 
Size:	56.4 KB 
ID:	12068  

She's a keeper........

Update, another long ride after a tweak in the fore-aft position, and she's a keeper!! I am so pleased with this saddle. I am so used to having saddles with short rails that initially I set it up pushed all the way back on the rails. But this week I moved it up ~1cm and it was perfect. I am comfortable on the saddle, and rode strong. Was fast too, although perhaps its cuz I was able to spend more time than usual in the drops. No urethral irritation, saddle sores, or discomfort of any kind. Now that my position is tweaked, I have to say she is more comfy than my brooks finesse.

Good news for you, yeah! You said you spend a lot of time in the drops, is the middle of the saddle flexible at all. I am currently on a lady SLR but am considering the diva for a little more cush on long rides. I did a metric century on Sunday and by mile 48 ouch! I too like to ride forward and in the drops. Thanks.
    2009 Specialized Roubaix pro/SMP lite 209
    2010 Trek 4300/Specialized ariel 155

I don't feel any pressure in my drops, unlike my brooks where I would feel pressure on my urethra if I tried to ride in my drops, although I think its cuz of the cut out, as opposed to what you are calling flexibility, but I'm not really sure the reason. What is special about this saddle, is that (besides it being wide in back and narrow in front) it is very long with long rails, so you can position it easily, and then move around on it very comfortably. I find I move more back for climbing, etc.

The flexibility I was referring to is when you can push on the cutout portion and it flexes to move with you. Some of the frames of the saddle even with the cutout are stiff. I am really considering this saddle, thanks for your review. I have two ISM adamo saddles coming for demo, then I move to this one.

Hey Kermit, yes, the cut-out is very flexible, if I press on it it deforms. Its lined with gel, not hard edges like on some saddles with cut outs. After even more miles I just love it more. NO UTIs either! For me the key was dialing in the correct fore-aft position. I got a second one for my trainer bike and am loving both of them. I bought my first one from Performance since they have a very liberal return policy. I wouldn't return it after a lot of miles, but I know they don't mind a return if you mount it on the trainer, try it, and its not comfortable. I bought the second one from wiggle. You can pick them up for ~100 bucks.

Wow, thanks. I have found that a little give in the middle helps alot to prevent chafing. I am a little uneven from a broken hip and thats why I loved the max flite but need something a little wider. Great news, happy trails.
    Last edited by kermit; 10-31-2010 at 01:24 PM.