Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Miserable in Mammoth

To disable ads, please log-in.

Maybe it's an Eastern Sierra thing. The night before last I woke up at 2 am feeling totally nauseous. By 7 yesterday morning my body was doing its best to purge from both ends. I had aches and a fever all day. I'm much better today, but the appetite and gut aren't quite right yet. During the day before I got sick I went on a ride and felt totally weak. I couldnt keep up with my friend whom I usually beat up the hills. Because of that I think it was a virus and not from food. I hope this malaise doesnt last 7-10 days!

I had it this week. Started with a headache on Monday and by Tuesday afternoon all h*ll had broke loose in my GI tract. Thankfully the battle only went only lasted through Tuesday evening. My stomach is still very unsettled but my appetite is returning. This was not how I had planned to drop 6 lbs. I have been surviving on applesauce and crackers, yummy! Last night I did have a grilled chicken breast, a baked potato and some white rice and my stomach did not cramp!

The doctor advised me to follow the BRAT diet and to avoid Gatorade due to the high sugar content. She basically told me to avoid as much processed sugar as I could. She also advised me to stay away from dairy; how I miss my milk, cheese and yogurt!

I
    Marcie

Quote Originally Posted by Juiceflight View Post
    Maybe it's an Eastern Sierra thing. The night before last I woke up at 2 am feeling totally nauseous. By 7 yesterday morning my body was doing its best to purge from both ends. I had aches and a fever all day. I'm much better today, but the appetite and gut aren't quite right yet. During the day before I got sick I went on a ride and felt totally weak. I couldnt keep up with my friend whom I usually beat up the hills. Because of that I think it was a virus and not from food. I hope this malaise doesnt last 7-10 days!
    Hey Juice, I'm in SE Mass right now, so it seems it's hopped a jet and hit ya there.

I still feel crappy but I think it's now TTOM. Yah. Headachy and tired. I will probably head to the doctor if I don't feel right after Flo checks out. I was feeling pretty good before it showed up. O well, I'll see how I feel after my first 'real' mtb ride tomorrow!

Funny about the processed foods makbike, I usually avoid them, but the only thing I could eat when I was trying to get back on real food was applesauce, mashed potatoes and ginger ale. Now I'm doing my best to kick my one a day muffin habit because that is the only thing I seem to want to eat is muffins! And not the 'healthy' kind either. I ate a salad the other day and spent the next few hours in the bathroom. That's not that much fiber but I think the 'real food' is a shock to my system ("what's this green stuff...it's not a pistachio muffin..you want me to digest that?"). So today I ate my last muffin. If I want another, I need to ride my bike to the store to get it (14 miles round trip). I got fruit. I got yogurt. And after that yogurt is gone it's back to making my own. It's time for tough love. Playtime is over!