Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

What do you wish existed for your commute?

To disable ads, please log-in.

What product do you wish existed for your commute to work?

Personally, I'd like to see:

A) A cheap cell phone charger that clips onto my bike. I found one but it was like $90!

B) An iphone clip and GPS mapping software that had Chicago bike routes built in rather than just Chicago roads.

Turn signals.

Yea, GPS that had the features I want

Quote Originally Posted by Geonz View Post
    Turn signals.

Yea, GPS that had the features I want
    Interesting idea. I bet that wouldn't be that hard to make.

I bought a 1985 Schwinn cruiser-something at a garage sale that had after-market turn signals on it. They're kind of cute, even if kind of '80s. Not elegantly installed.

Karen

Quote Originally Posted by Geonz View Post
    Turn signals.
    How about these? http://www.safeturn.com/ $19 each.....I just may order a pair.

Although I do like the sounds of nature and the wind in my ears, the one thing I miss about my truck is the cd player. If there was a safe way to play my Cake CD I would be so happy. An on-bike Bose?
    I can do five more miles.

Looking at all the love there that's sleeping
    Quote Originally Posted by Becky View Post
    How about these? http://www.safeturn.com/ $19 each.....I just may order a pair.
    They still require that you take your hands off the bars to activate. I could see something that clips to my rear rack and maybe fork that I can activate from my handlebars, a la automobile blinkers.....

What do I wish for my commute? Well....not really a product for me...but a red light camera at the intersection of Colesville Road and Sligo Creek Parkway would be nice to discourage red light runners on Colesville Rd. DH saw a car get t-boned at that intersection and given the numbers of runners/cyclists crossing it (Sligo has a bike path that runs along side it), I think it's a prime candidate for a camera. It's only a matter of time before it's a runner or cyclist who gets t-boned...and I certainly hope it's not me!
    2007 Seven ID8 - Bontrager InForm
    2003 Klein Palomino - Terry Firefly (?)
    2010 Seven Cafe Racer - Bontrager InForm
    2008 Cervelo P2C - Adamo Prologue Saddle

NPR or other radio news station. Maybe piping through my helmet so that my ears aren't covered?

I guess I don't really need that kind of distraction, but that's the ONLY thing I miss about driving - my morning news bites.
    My new non-farm blog: Finding Freedom

windshield wipers.
    Mimi Team TE BIANCHISTA
    for six tanks of gas you could have bought a bike.

Quote Originally Posted by mimitabby View Post
    windshield wipers.
    Or, how about a windshield for those wipers?
    My new non-farm blog: Finding Freedom

Quote Originally Posted by GLC1968 View Post
    Or, how about a windshield for those wipers?
    yeah, that too
    Mimi Team TE BIANCHISTA
    for six tanks of gas you could have bought a bike.

Mimi - have you tried rain-ex? My DH gave me a pair of sophisticated UV protecting goggles that they give to the guys at his job (construction) that are like glasses. I rubbed a little rain-ex on them and they work great in a rain.

They do fog up a bit, though, on hot humid days.
    I can do five more miles.

NPR and coffee. I don't want to ride with earphones (I can barely stand them when I'm on a treadmill--when I have sound right in my ear like that all other noises don't penetrate and that tends to make me walk into walls and stuff) so I'm voting for the on-bike Bose.

For the coffee, I'm thinking of getting this: http://www.somafab.com/morningrush.html or some similar design (I think Felt makes one that I could buy locally).

Sarah

I'd love one of those drive-thru coffee stands, along my route. They are all over the place out in Washington and Oregon, but we don't have many of them in MN. And while I can make and take decent brewed coffee, sometimes I loves me my cappuccino!

Quote Originally Posted by 7rider View Post
    ... a red light camera at the intersection of Colesville Road and Sligo Creek Parkway would be nice to discourage red light runners on Colesville Rd.
    My coworker's husband got hit at that intersection a few weeks ago! He had the green and someone running the red t-boned him. You're right, that is a bad intersection. I'm surprised there's not a red light camera there already.