Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

To disable ads, please log-in.

Aiiiir conditioniiing.

Western Canada-prairies, mountain & ocean
    Less rainy days during the times I ride-commute. (Right now, I can't complain. Vancouver is getting brown lawn grass...)

You guys are coming up with some pretty hard things to actually bring to market ... "faster legs"?

Quote Originally Posted by 7rider View Post
    Oh! Now I remember what I want!!!!

I want a small insulated lunch bag with hooks on the back that can clip onto my rack, so I can cart my lunch to work - and not have to cram it into my pannier on top of clothes or bother taking the second pannier!
    Can you bungie a bag on top of the rack?

I do two panniers, one has my clothes and the other has my locks and lunch. (Yeah, I know, you leave your locks at work, at your out-of-the-weather lockup (totally jealous!) )
    I'd rather be swimming...biking...running...and eating cheesecake...
    --===--

2008 Cervelo P2C Tri bike
    2011 Trek Madone 5.5/Cobb V-Flow Max
    2007 Jamis Coda/Terry Liberator
    2011 Trek Mamba 29er

A beautifully paved and completely safe cyclists-only bridge that went up and over the city of Camden so that I didn't have to ride through it!
    ~Sarah~

Check out My Team: Sturdy Girl Cycling

Get a bicycle. You will certainly not regret it, if you live. -Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by NJBikeGal View Post
    A beautifully paved and completely safe cyclists-only bridge that went up and over the city of Camden so that I didn't have to ride through it!
    Dang, you commute through Camden? *takes hat off to Sarah* I admire you for that!

a route with no broken glass on it

Looking at all the love there that's sleeping
    Quote Originally Posted by MDHillSlug View Post
    Can you bungie a bag on top of the rack?

I do two panniers, one has my clothes and the other has my locks and lunch. (Yeah, I know, you leave your locks at work, at your out-of-the-weather lockup (totally jealous!) )
    Did a combo of caribiners and a bungie cord along the side opposite my pannier. It worked, but was tres' ugly... .. and risked smooshing my poor lunch. Having a pannier clipped to the side makes it hard to use my cargo net to attach anything to the TOP of the rack, in addition to the pannier. Oh, the trials I face!!

And now that I have a locker....I don't even need to worry about a U-lock on the rack at work....just a padlock on the locker door (I just have to remember to bring the key!).
    2007 Seven ID8 - Bontrager InForm
    2003 Klein Palomino - Terry Firefly (?)
    2010 Seven Cafe Racer - Bontrager InForm
    2008 Cervelo P2C - Adamo Prologue Saddle

Quote Originally Posted by sfa View Post
    NPR and coffee. I don't want to ride with earphones (I can barely stand them when I'm on a treadmill--when I have sound right in my ear like that all other noises don't penetrate and that tends to make me walk into walls and stuff) so I'm voting for the on-bike Bose.

For the coffee, I'm thinking of getting this: http://www.somafab.com/morningrush.html or some similar design (I think Felt makes one that I could buy locally).

Sarah
    That is exactly what I need. Joe on the go!

Quote Originally Posted by Aggie_Ama View Post
    a hub powered fan for the 100+ degree commute home
    Now it's my turn to snicker...isn't this just what the wind is as you are pedaling? Of course, that doesn't help at traffic lights when the heat rising up off the road is likely miserable in your neck of the woods.

For those that want coffee on your commute, here are two ideas:

http://www.somafab.com/morningrush.html

And this is what I have for mine:
    http://www.sweetmarias.com/prod.trav...-bottles.shtml
    The Leak Proof Backpack bottle. It fits in my bottle cage, it's truly leak proof, and it keeps coffee pipping hot! Someone here recommended it, and it's awesome!
    My new non-farm blog: Finding Freedom

Looking at all the love there that's sleeping
    Quote Originally Posted by GLC1968 View Post
    For those that want coffee on your commute, here are two ideas:

http://www.somafab.com/morningrush.html

And this is what I have for mine:
    http://www.sweetmarias.com/prod.trav...-bottles.shtml
    The Leak Proof Backpack bottle. It fits in my bottle cage, it's truly leak proof, and it keeps coffee pipping hot! Someone here recommended it, and it's awesome!

I like the idea of that backpack bottle. This is what I use... vacuum sealed so it insulates better than a travel mug. The black paint is chipping off, and after 3+ years of steady use is about ready for retirement, but it's been pretty good for my needs.
    2007 Seven ID8 - Bontrager InForm
    2003 Klein Palomino - Terry Firefly (?)
    2010 Seven Cafe Racer - Bontrager InForm
    2008 Cervelo P2C - Adamo Prologue Saddle

I just thought of something.

Work appropriate mules or dress shoes with speedplay clips.
    I can do five more miles.

That's similar to the backpack bottle except that the backpack one opens with one hand so that you could drink while riding. I don't, but my commute is so short right now. I may end up using it to actually drink coffee on my ride in the future!
    My new non-farm blog: Finding Freedom

Quote Originally Posted by GLC1968 View Post
    Now it's my turn to snicker...isn't this just what the wind is as you are pedaling? Of course, that doesn't help at traffic lights when the heat rising up off the road is likely miserable in your neck of the woods.
    Well the only thing that is a blessing and a curse is all summer I have a tailwind home. So it makes it less effort but the air feels stagnant.

I would like trees along my commute. Not the little brush cedars but real trees. It is not a shady commute and that is not to nice when it is 100. Wonder how hot it is going to be this afternoon. First commute home in a few weeks (had a lot on my plate).
    Amanda

2011 Specialized Epic Comp 29er | Specialized Phenom | "Marie Laveau"
    2007 Cannondale Synapse Carbon Road | Selle Italia Lady Gel Flow | "Miranda"

You don't have to be great to get started, but you do have to get started to be great. -Lee J. Colan

Sigh and here I was working on a coffee cup holder for my bike. Might as well buy that snazzy one!

I would like to have something that would hold my cellphone so I could see the face of it when it rings. I know there is something out there.

BELLS! I find there is a meager assortment of bells out there.

+1 on music for the ride..

AND how bout snazzier commuter clothes? Don't make me design my own!!! I found golf skorts are really cool for this as long as you don't need padded shorts because they pass for 'office wear' if you buy the IZOD ones.