Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Talking Cyclying shoes??

To disable ads, please log-in.

Butterfly What brand of cycling shoe would be best for someone with a wide toe box and a narrow heel for long distance cycling? Thanx

Thumbs up Cycling shoes - Carnac Ventoux

For the past 1.5 years, I have used Carnac Ventoux touring shoes. Carnac's are known to fit wide feet, but I have a narrow heel. I wear size 8.5 AA and bought size 40 (European size). Shoe has been extremely comfortable, durable, well-ventilated, and easy to walk in (cleat is somewhat recessed and there is some tread on the bottom). The shoe has a velcro strap so you can adjust the width, which is nice if your feet swell during long rides. My husband has a pair of these shoes, too, and is also pleased with them.

Talking Cyclying shoes???

Thanx Whinne. Sounds like we have the same feet!! I wear about a 40 too. My feet swell and I need something well ventilated because i throw water over my head during hot races. I've heard good things about Carnacs as well!

I have a wide forefoot with a narrow heel. I've been using Northwaves. (I forget exactly which one, but not the most expensive <g>.) It fits me just fine. My only problem with it was that I have a high arch and the insole was flat. $25 for a Superfeet insole solved the problem. I've ridden with these shoes for almost 3 years with no problems.

Thumbs up

I have also had a lot of success with all of the Carnac shoes. The wide toe box is a feature that not many other shoes have. The only problem that I have had is, with the older models they have laces AND velcro and take a long time to get on and off. This is fine for the racing I do, but if you need to get them off quicky they aren't he best. Just my opinions!
    Tela
    Keep the rubber side down!