Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Socks Hurt

To disable ads, please log-in.

Quote Originally Posted by KnottedYet View Post
    I have the short toes, too. Got me some nice size 10 feet, but size 8 toes.

I really really REALLY like Injinji toe socks. Even the pinky toe on the Injinjis fit my squinky little pinky toes. No funny sock creases. (I tend to get them on the outside edge of my foot, under my last two toes.)

I tend to have pretty good luck with Smartwool socks, and have a ton of them. Injinjis are more expensive, and I only have a couple pair. I wouldn't bother buying Injinji wool socks, as they fall apart quickly. But their other socks are great! http://www.injinji.com/
    +1 for toe socks in general. After living in Japan where that's all they wear I'm a convert. No bunching, no skin on skin rubbing in the toes...amazing. I've never tried that brand but I now wear toe socks for running, cycling, and snow sports.

I'm intrigued now. I've seen a Japanese motorcycle racer wearing toe socks and it totally cracked me up because I hadn't seen toe socks since 1970-something.

I'm the opposite of Knot - I've got size 7-1/2 feet and size 11 toes, for a total foot length of about size 9. It's a real problem for me buying shoes, because anything that has the arch in the right place bunches up my toes something awful

Do all the toe socks wear out pretty quickly? It would be nice not to get blisters on the corners of my toes, but I'm not sure I'm ready to treat expensive socks as a disposable item. Besides my arches blister much less with thicker socks.
    Speed comes from what you put behind you. - Judi Ketteler

Quote Originally Posted by OakLeaf View Post
    Do all the toe socks wear out pretty quickly? It would be nice not to get blisters on the corners of my toes, but I'm not sure I'm ready to treat expensive socks as a disposable item. Besides my arches blister much less with thicker socks.
    My experience with the wool Injinji socks was that they wore out very quickly, within a year.

The regular Injinji socks have lasted maybe 3 years now?
    "If Americans want to live the American Dream, they should go to Denmark." - Richard Wilkinson

dang, I'm right on the line between sizes too (which usually means neither size fits ) I wonder how durable the bamboo socks are?
    Speed comes from what you put behind you. - Judi Ketteler