Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Seagull Century

Looking at all the love there that's sleeping

To disable ads, please log-in.

Just FYI....
    Hotels in the Salisbury area are filling (or filled) up already.
    I tried at lunch to get something local....no dice.
    May need to move up to Cambridge area (35 miles away) or elsewhere (Seaford, DE?).
    Last edited by 7rider; 07-22-2008 at 12:07 PM. Reason: Cambridge...not Easton...where the Terry ride was.
    2007 Seven ID8 - Bontrager InForm
    2003 Klein Palomino - Terry Firefly (?)
    2010 Seven Cafe Racer - Bontrager InForm
    2008 Cervelo P2C - Adamo Prologue Saddle

if someone tells me stat and is willing to split a room, I have an opening. The room is $135 and no backsie outsies. Plus, I am in for the whole kit and kaboodle- friday through sunday. My room is at the Comfort Inn (2701 N. Salisbury Blvd. Salisbury, MD 21801)

Which Crab ride should I do on Sunday?

And Zen did not think I could get a ride.
    Thanks TE! You pushed me half way over!
    http://pages.teamintraining.org/nca/seagull08/tnguyen

Quote Originally Posted by madscot13 View Post

Mais pas de ma petite chickadee! (in observance of Le Tour)
    I have no doubt you can do anything you put your convoluted mind to
    2008 Trek FX 7.2/Terry Cite X
    2009 Jamis Aurora/Brooks B-68
    2010 Trek FX 7.6 WSD/stock bontrager

if someone tells me stat and is willing to split a room, I have an opening. The room is $135 and no backsie outsies. Plus, I am in for the whole kit and kaboodle- friday through sunday. My room is at the Comfort Inn (2701 N. Salisbury Blvd. Salisbury, MD 21801)

Which Crab ride should I do on Sunday?

What TNT team are you training with? I'm with the Annapolis, MD Team.

DH and I are signed up for the Seagull. We did the metric back in....2004? Maybe? The following year there WAS as hurricane, so they sent us our t-shirt anyway because I think the thing was cancelled. We were living in DC at the time, now Charlotte so it is a bit more of a drive/committment.

I was thinking to do the full century, it was about the easiest metric I've ever done, so maybe? All I remember is the apple pie ala mode at one of the rest stops.

I couldn't believe it. Of course, DH ate ever bite as I tapped my foot and looked at my watch.

I'm losing my type A-ness as I approach 50.

I'm with the Nation's Capital Area. It is a pretty good group. how is yoru fundraising rocking?

Looking at all the love there that's sleeping
    Quote Originally Posted by KerryCrow View Post
    DH and I are signed up for the Seagull. We did the metric back in....2004? Maybe? The following year there WAS as hurricane, so they sent us our t-shirt anyway because I think the thing was cancelled.
    It was a tropical storm, actually, by the time it hit the eastern shore in 2005. (I know...."details!" ) And the ride was not cancelled. DH and I rode it. Ugh. Actually, DH had knee issues that year, and we had to abort after 50 miles. But 50 miles in wind and 7" of rain....not too bad...but the bikes really suffered for it. There was water in places I didn't know there were places! You were wiser sitting that one out, I think.

2006 was a Nor'easter....less rain, but more wind. That time we did the full 100 miles and just had lots of wind-blown sand in all those places.

2007 we sat out. Family commitments. Of course it was sunny then.

This year, we're registered. We'll do the full 100. We're hoping for sunny and no wind. And, we're hoping to see lots of other TE'ers there!
    2007 Seven ID8 - Bontrager InForm
    2003 Klein Palomino - Terry Firefly (?)
    2010 Seven Cafe Racer - Bontrager InForm
    2008 Cervelo P2C - Adamo Prologue Saddle

Quote Originally Posted by 7rider View Post
    It was a tropical storm, actually, by the time it hit the eastern shore in 2005. (I know...."details!" )
    Ah yes, I remember it well....I was working in the oil industry (gasoline sales) and I ended up working the whole weekend moving trucks from Point A to Point B. So I actually did not have a choice due to my job, but had I, I still would have chosen to stay home!

It's a farther drive for us now (from Charlotte, vs. Arlington VA), so I hope the weather cooperates this year! My husband is still talking about the pie ala mode.

oh wow, so when I was a cashier at the gas station I was actually working in the oil industry

Much more impressive
    2008 Trek FX 7.2/Terry Cite X
    2009 Jamis Aurora/Brooks B-68
    2010 Trek FX 7.6 WSD/stock bontrager

I'm with the Nation's Capital Area. It is a pretty good group. how is yoru fundraising rocking?
    My fundraising is through the roof, my dad died of leukemia, so I was told the fundraising comes easier if you are directly connected to the cause.

I trained with the Eastern shore team in Salisbury this weekend, we did a portion of the Sea Gull route, it's a pretty route, and as flat as a pancake, I hardly had to change gears.

Quote Originally Posted by Zen View Post
    oh wow, so when I was a cashier at the gas station I was actually working in the oil industry

Much more impressive
    Most certainly in the oil industry...but if you are going for impressive maybe just leave off the cashier part...maybe the gas station part, too.........

But now that you mention it I may be able to beef up my resume from video store clerk to Entertainment Executive.

Quote Originally Posted by carolync View Post
    My fundraising is through the roof, my dad died of leukemia, so I was told the fundraising comes easier if you are directly connected to the cause.

I trained with the Eastern shore team in Salisbury this weekend, we did a portion of the Sea Gull route, it's a pretty route, and as flat as a pancake, I hardly had to change gears.

I'm sorry to hear about your father. I've heard the same thing about fundraising but I'm sure it makes a whole lot of other things harder. I am riding in honor of a friend's father, who recently passed away. I'm raising money so that hopefully others do not have to go through what you and my friend have gone/ are going through.

ps I'm pretty proud of what I have raised so far. It is more than I have earned this year (but oddly more than what I have spent)

I'm sorry to hear about your father. I've heard the same thing about fundraising but I'm sure it makes a whole lot of other things harder. I am riding in honor of a friend's father, who recently passed away. I'm raising money so that hopefully others do not have to go through what you and my friend have gone/ are going through.

ps I'm pretty proud of what I have raised so far. It is more than I have earned this year (but oddly more than what I have spent)
    Thanks, it's been 4 years, so emotions aren't as raw as they were, but it does still hit me occasionally with this process.

What amazes me most is how incredibly generous people are, almost everyone I have asked has given, and even some I haven't!

You're really close to your goal. Best of luck, it's a real weight off once you hit it.

Quote Originally Posted by carolync View Post
    Thanks, it's been 4 years, so emotions aren't as raw as they were, but it does still hit me occasionally with this process.

What amazes me most is how incredibly generous people are, almost everyone I have asked has given, and even some I haven't!

You're really close to your goal. Best of luck, it's a real weight off once you hit it.

I'm sure it is a real weight off. It was a weight off when i got my first $100 (my first donation), my first $500, my first $1000, and as soon as some of my volunteering money is put in, my first $1500.

I also feel lucky by donations. although sometimes, I'm a biut surprised by those who aren't donating.

I'm planning to do the Metric Century in the Seagull--I didn't see anything about fund raising though? Is that required?