Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

To disable ads, please log-in.

Quote Originally Posted by Kathi View Post
    Adjusting the "play" in you brakes makes a difference also. It drives the mechanics nuts.

http://www.slb-coaching.com/training...tion.asp?Id=57
    I do this too, though I'm mostly my own mechanic these days so it doesn't drive me nuts.... I keep them a little loose 1. so that if I startle in a race and unconsciously squeeze the brakes a little I'm not actually braking and 2. so that I can actually have the brake levers in a bit on a steep descent (thereby allowing me to have my hands fully around them and ready to brake) without actually braking.
    They are not so loose as to be dangerous. I have plenty of braking power, its just that they are not in so close that the tiniest movement throws the brakes full on.
    "Sharing the road means getting along, not getting ahead" - 1994 Washington State Driver's Guide

visit my flickr stream http://flic.kr/ps/MMu5N

Thanks!

Great ideas ladies! Thanks so much. I've asked my awesome bike maker (www.rideoctober.com) to look at your ideas so we can try a few things. I really appreciate your responses. I'll try to post when it all gets settled so you know what the results are.

BTW, I am a little person, not a Little Person. And I'm not that little at all, which is why it's so frustrating. I can't imagine how frustrating it is for Little People. Power to the people (little and Little)!

In response to an earlier post: I have the deda for girls (in 36) and the bars are a more traditional shape. Definitely not ergo or "anatomical". I find them quite comfortable, except that I need 39 cm bars so have switched to a set of extremely short reach elf bars.

Zipp sponsors my team! (Team Kenda Tire)
    Because not every fast cyclist is a toothpick...

Brick House Blog

Quote Originally Posted by Andrea View Post
    Zipp sponsors my team! (Team Kenda Tire)
    Andrea, are you going to be at either the TBRA TT Championship or the Allanti Classic? Both short rides from my house.

Quote Originally Posted by SouthernBelle View Post
    Andrea, are you going to be at either the TBRA TT Championship or the Allanti Classic? Both short rides from my house.
    Both! Though I may only go to the Allanti RR (state championship). The crit for that one is uber-lame! Also, funds are a little thin this month because I just dropped some $$ on a new TT bike!
    Because not every fast cyclist is a toothpick...

Brick House Blog

Let me know. The Tbra event is about 3 miles away. The Watertown portion of the Allanti stuff is about 14 miles. Both will cover roads I've ridden lots.

Quote Originally Posted by elk View Post
    Does anyone HAVE the Deda for girls?
    I need to know if it's an ergo or a more traditional curve..or at least a gentle ergo!!! I want to dump my Ritchey Biomax 11 for a less ergo bar...
    (don't mean to hijack)
    I've been researching bars and I'd add to the list the Modolo Venus bar
    http://estore.websitepros.com/193951...ars/Detail.bok
    it is sort of ergo. this is what it looks like:
    http://www.dedaelementi.com/It/Produ...ctIDMaster=377
    I've tried it, it's a very nice handlebar actually - although on the smaller side. I was trying to attach some 'live' pictures for you but I cannot figure out how to insert a photo that is on my hard drive and not on the web somewhere...

Quote Originally Posted by TxDoc View Post
    it is sort of ergo. this is what it looks like:
    http://www.dedaelementi.com/It/Produ...ctIDMaster=377
    I've tried it, it's a very nice handlebar actually - although on the smaller side. I was trying to attach some 'live' pictures for you but I cannot figure out how to insert a photo that is on my hard drive and not on the web somewhere...
    Have you tried moving it onto your desktop and then uploading it? Or mail it to yourself first...

I'm trying out the Cinelli LW s...
    Discipline is remembering what you want.

Ahhhh, found out a way to attach files!
    hope this works - these are a couple of bikes with the D4g handlebar in the photos. Sorry there's some clip aerobars on one of them, but you can still see the handlebars.
    Anyway, yes it's very nice - I like size 40 better than 38 so the D4g it's a bit on the small side for me, but still useable.
    My favorite from Deda is actually the synapsi bar, http://www.dedaelementi.com/It/Produ...ctIDMaster=525 , and that one is integrated and has a flat top - BUT, if you race, remember that it is UCI illegal because of the aero extension...
    Actually I was thinking of replacing one of these D4g bars with carbon - so it may end up on the TE yard sale or the free gear forum at some point...
    Last edited by TxDoc; 01-10-2011 at 05:56 AM.

forgot one of the photos... top's quite comfortable for a 38 bar I think - but I can't really say because I rarely use the top, I'm either on the hoods or in the drops...
    Hope this helps.
    Last edited by TxDoc; 01-10-2011 at 05:56 AM.

hmmm. the yellow wrapped bars...bird's eye view...looks similiar to my Cinellis ..its the turn from the flat that eats space.
    Discipline is remembering what you want.

TxDoc- do you know the reach and drop dimensions for the D4G bars? They didn't have it listed on their site. I might be interested in yours if they're close to my eastons. I'm picking up a new stem tonight so will see how that feels, but I might need a 38 bar.

Quote Originally Posted by mayanorange View Post
    TxDoc- do you know the reach and drop dimensions for the D4G bars? They didn't have it listed on their site. I might be interested in yours if they're close to my eastons. I'm picking up a new stem tonight so will see how that feels, but I might need a 38 bar.
    Not on top of my head, but will check when I go home and let you know!

That's be great, thanks!