Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Looking at all the love there that's sleeping

To disable ads, please log-in.

Quote Originally Posted by Susan126 View Post
    Same here south of Seattle . . . I see a lot more bikes lately! I saw a bunch yesterday! It's great!

I saw bike traffic jams in Seattle!!! A line of about a half dozen cyclists heading up a hill, stacked up and unable to pass the slowest one in front because of the line of cars on their left.

But I've seen an increase of cyclists along my route in, too. All sorts - roadies, invisibles, men, women, mtb's, fixies. I used to do my entire route without seeing another bike commuter...now I always see at least some.
    2007 Seven ID8 - Bontrager InForm
    2003 Klein Palomino - Terry Firefly (?)
    2010 Seven Cafe Racer - Bontrager InForm
    2008 Cervelo P2C - Adamo Prologue Saddle

More people on bikes also means that when these people will be driving their cars (because they just won't stop driving totally), they will have a lot more understanding and respect for the cyclists.

That is invaluable.

I've noticed that the bike slots on the train are usually full.
    and it's good for the bike biz, too, The local paper ran an article about how Bike shops are experiencing good sales w/ utility and electric bicycles.

I have noticed it, too. My area always has a lot of recreational cyclists and some very serious roadies train around here, too. Not only are there more of them (this has been increasing over the last couple of years), but a lot more people doing local errands on bikes. My husband said in the past 2 weeks he has seen a huge increase in commuters on his way to work. We have also had a couple of articles on cycling to save on gas in the Boston Globe. Yesterday there was an article on a school for adults who were learning to ride for the first time.
    I just hope these new riders follow the rules of the road. Our neighboring town now has signs up warning riders to follow the rules and ride single file (which is the law here).

W00t! I am so proud! I rode to work today. It felt super neato. Normally I get to work all feeling pleh, even with the walk from the bus stop but today I was raring to go! I took the little Schwinn we rescued out of the creek a few weeks back.

I hate to admit it, but that little commuter is kind of fun! It was kind of cool to be a part of the commuter crowd. I am loathing driving more and more. I just see no point in paying for gas when I can get there on my own and feel much better about it.

This is definitely nice to see, for sure. It's hard telling in Boulder if it has increased because there are sooooo many cyclists to begin with.
    "True, but if you throw your panties into the middle of the peloton, someone's likely to get hurt."

Quote Originally Posted by smurfalicious View Post
    W00t! I am so proud! I rode to work today. It felt super neato. Normally I get to work all feeling pleh, even with the walk from the bus stop but today I was raring to go! I took the little Schwinn we rescued out of the creek a few weeks back.
    hey, congratulations!
    Mimi Team TE BIANCHISTA
    for six tanks of gas you could have bought a bike.

I passed 17 bikers on the way home from work today. How cool is that?
    Kristen!