Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 11 of 37 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast

To disable ads, please log-in.

week 1
    starting weight - 191.6
    today weigh in - 188.2

3 lb down this week! I feel awesome. CANNOT WAIT until I am in the 70's again. Have not been in the 60's in over 2 years.. this will be the year ! Heres to another great week!

I biked approx 40 miles this week. Ate only when I was actually hungry, but do not deprive myself of any certain thing.

Stay focused and positive!

week 1 total

Hi,

My weigh-in is 135.

I rode 24 miles mtb and 1 visit to the gym. Need to increase miles, workouts and decrease weight!

PJ

Mornin' Ladies.

Start Weigh-in: 181 lbs
    July 11th Weigh-in: 181 lbs (grrr)

Mtb Rides - 2 (about 10m each) I haven't gotten around to putting my computer back on my bike yet...
    Gym Work Outs - 2
    Last edited by CarbonCandy; 07-11-2008 at 07:16 AM.

139.0 - a little slow to start, but at least it is in the right direction.

Lynette

In my case, I'm off the other way with an extra pound:
    - start 130
    - today 131
    I realize I'm not really taking this challenge seriously, just signed up because it sounds cools, but I have to do my share.
    So my goal is to bike more (I'm off in 5mn for a 1.5hr ride and a tough hill), and PAY ATTENTION to what I eat.

yayyy!

starting weight: 140

This morning, (quick - Lock it in!) 138

Miles ridden: 0
    Miles Blading: 0
    Gym Workouts: 2

My contractor is temporarily unavailable on the remodel I'm managing, so i've been doing the actual labor myself! It's killing me, but it is a great workout, and I'm watching my body start toning up again - feels great!

185.2 lbs

Nothing like a little stomach bug to shed the weight. Now to gain some back, and then lose it the right way.

Good morning, everyone! I'm happy because I've finally lost!

Down 1.5 pounds to 179.5.

Happy Friday, western hemisphere!

On account of my scary-rapid weight loss, I'm transitioning to phase II of South Beach over a week early. So I'll be gradually increasing my intake of whole-wheat breads and whole friuts (no juices).

Yesterday I had a half a whole-wheat pita with breakfast and an apple mid-day, along with all the other food I've been eating on SB phase I (lots of veggies, lean meat, beans, eggs; but no potatoes, corn, beets, pasta, rice, cereal, baked goods, or sugar).

Happily, the addition of the pita & the apple didn't suddenly bring back all the weight I lost this week.

Start weight (Monday): 159
    Today: 154

I assume that my weight loss will slow down considerably now that I'm adding back the good carbs.

2009 Lynskey R230 Houseblend - Brooks Team Pro
    2007 Rivendell Bleriot - Rivet Pearl

Morning all! I'm having a skinny morning so I'm down to 119.0 (-1.4 lbs). I'm probably actually 1/2 lb more than that but I stick with it anyway.

I've been sticking my my healthy eating plan 3/4 of the time but I seem to have a bad moment at least once a day. I will try harder this week.

Is anyone keeping track of riding /exercise minutes? If so - I made my 7+ hours a week goal. 7 hour 23 minutes (118 km bike, 17 km run, 50min swim)
    It is never too late to be what you might have been. ~ George Elliot

My podcast about being a rookie triathlete:Kelownagurl Tris Podcast

I am not the only one w/ a GOOD start--way to go gals!
    I am not sure I trust the scale this AM--down to 118.4 (I think I was 120.8 last week).
    It was a FULL week of workouts...in fact today is my first "rest day". Yippee!
    I have been watching what I eat (better) and less wine (that one is hard!).
    I'll won't be surprised if my weight goes up a bit next week...I am not sure how real this weight loss is. I'll take it...I feel pretty good today!

Good luck to all this weekend!
    katluvr

Quote Originally Posted by kelownagirl View Post
    Is anyone keeping track of riding /exercise minutes? If so - I made my 7+ hours a week goal. 7 hour 23 minutes (118 km bike, 17 km run, 50min swim)
    Kelownagirl, I've started a chart to track minutes/miles/etc. After everyone checks in, I'll compile and post Week One physical and food goals. Some ladies are tracking time, some miles, but we'll get something posted.

PJ

Same as last week. 169

Good news, bad news...

Bad news first. 135 this morning. Down a measly .6 of a pound. Drank a LOT of water this week because it was so hot, and I do tend to retain it (but am also up at least twice a night to rid myself of some of it ), so I'd love to attribute the lack of scale movement to water weight. Time will tell.

Good news - logged 102 outdoor and 27 indoor miles this week. Plus two 1/2 hour weight workouts.

My frustration is that I exercise almost daily. These are good calorie-burning rides that I do. I know the weight sessions are building muscle. I can feel it. But that middle-aged layer of insulation on top of the muscle will NOT budge. Adding to the frustration, I rarely eat traditionally "bad" foods. I know what food portions look like and adhere to them for the most part. I track breakfast and lunch calories using calorieking.com, so I know what I'm left with at the end of the day and can gauge dinner accordingly. I had an appointment with a nutritionist last fall and we figured out my BMR based on my lifestyle, and the range of calories I need to stay within to lose weight.

So I guess it's time to tweak the calories and/or what I am eating because as much as I enjoy riding, I don't want to spend all my weekend time on the bike. I guess I can add another 1/2 hour of weights.

So I'll make a few little changes and see what happens in the weeks to come.

Big ups to all who have had positive results this week. Keep up the good work. I hope I have something to brag about next time.
    Health is the thing that makes you feel like now is the best time of the year--Franklin Pierce Adams

Hello everyone. Just knowing that you're all out there gave me lots of motivation this week. Thank you all.

Starting weight: 140
    This morning: 138
    Bike Miles: 93 miles
    Fitness Walking Miles: 8 miles

Have a great week!