Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Honda Fit

To disable ads, please log-in.

it is beautiful. Enjoy it for many, many miles.
    I wish we had been able to sell our Mitsubishi. I wanted a FIT too. Instead I'm riding my bike and appreciating that my Honda Civic is considered the most economical car on the road. (especially since it's a 1991)
    Mimi Team TE BIANCHISTA
    for six tanks of gas you could have bought a bike.

Quote Originally Posted by berkeley View Post
    Wow, 3!

I did find this on the internet as one way to get a bike in, haven't tried it though:
    wow...they weren't kidding when they called CONN "New England" look at where the steering wheel is...heehee.
    It's kind of like a baby Element...
    Discipline is remembering what you want.

I love my Fit, too! I can lift the rear seats, take off the front wheel of the bike and fit the bike in with no problem.

Love the color!
    That's Just How I Roll!

Aloha,

Southside Sally

Quote Originally Posted by elk View Post
    wow...they weren't kidding when they called CONN "New England" look at where the steering wheel is...heehee.
    It's kind of like a baby Element...
    OMG, I didn't even realize that. LOL!

Our other car is an Element!

we have an element too...and 4 dogs...I have a forester that is fulled with crates...
    Discipline is remembering what you want.

i'm intrigued by the Nissan Versa, especially with an MSRP of 13K
    2008 Trek FX 7.2/Terry Cite X
    2009 Jamis Aurora/Brooks B-68
    2010 Trek FX 7.6 WSD/stock bontrager

Looking at all the love there that's sleeping
    Quote Originally Posted by mimitabby View Post
    appreciating that my Honda Civic is considered the most economical car on the road. (especially since it's a 1991)
    Uh oh. Don't tell MM_QFC that!

I never thought of the Fit as a mini-Element.
    Hmmm...interesting thought.....
    2007 Seven ID8 - Bontrager InForm
    2003 Klein Palomino - Terry Firefly (?)
    2010 Seven Cafe Racer - Bontrager InForm
    2008 Cervelo P2C - Adamo Prologue Saddle

Quote Originally Posted by 7rider View Post
    Uh oh. Don't tell MM_QFC that!

I never thought of the Fit as a mini-Element.
    Hmmm...interesting thought.....
    My Honda civic was recently in an accident too. I stopped for a pedestrian
    and some lady in a van plowed into the guy behind me who was then propelled into my poor little car. All Civics are not inherently evil. Mine was injured while avoiding a child in a crosswalk! ps. MY uninsured motorist coverage fixed my car.
    Mimi Team TE BIANCHISTA
    for six tanks of gas you could have bought a bike.

I just went to look at one of those today - but the dealership didn't even have any in stock! I live in San Francisco and I often need to carry construction material, (think sticks of lumber 8' to 12'!) I noticed that the Fit will actually fit a 7'-10" length without even riding the dashboard! I would love to switch to this car for that reason, for the gas reason, and for the very tight SF parking situation - seems like a no-brainer. The only thing I worry about is how it will handle the 5 hour drive between N & S Calif. several times a year?? I've got a co-pilot, my pug, Max so flying isn't really an option.

extra-vert -

I just returned yesterday from a 1700 mile trip to VA/NC and back. I went and visited my mom then headed to Durham, NC to pick up a son from Duke. My car was awesome. I had no issues with the ride and gas mileage was terrific.

My bike rode inside for the trip down. I picked up a lazy-boy chair from my mom so my bike was moved to the roof for the ride back. I had plenty of room inside for the chair and enough room to allow my son to recline his chair for the ride back. He stayed up all night Friday since there was no curfew that night.

Berkeley, I love the color. I've seen a couple of these cars parked in our apartment complex and they look so cool. I'm tempted to test drive one just out of curiosity. I don't actually have any plans to purchase one so I think I'll just resist temptation for now.
    Everything in moderation, including moderation.

2007 Rodriguez Adventure/B72
    2009 Masi Soulville Mixte/B18
    1997 Trek 820 Step-thru Xtracycle/B17

Between the Blue Ridge and the Chesapeake Bay
    I waited and waited and waited for the Fit to come to the US. I was part of a Honda Fit Forum and I got all the specs a few years before they came out. I had seen them in Brazil (everywhere else they are called the Jazz) and was mightily impressed.

However, when they finally hit these shores, the mileage was not as good as in Europe/Asia, and I ended up getting a VW Rabbit because it was cuter and a whole lot spunkier and the mileage was about the same.

Cargo space in the Fit is great, though, and being a Honda, reliability is not an issue. If they up the mileage to the Jazz levels (high 40s), then I'll have to reconsider. As I understand it, they did not want the mileage to approach the Civic Hybrid levels because it would eat into the sales of the (more expensive) Civic Hybrids (which do not come in a hatchback for some silly reason). Why not just give us the car we want, dagnabbit!?

We're ordering a 2009 Fit through Cartelligent! I am going to sell my Suby. It's a great car but I drive 30,000 miles a year and the mileage is not the best.
    Sarah

When it's easy, ride hard; when it's hard, ride easy.

2011 Volagi Liscio
    2010 Pegoretti Love #3 "Manovelo"
    2011 Mercian Vincitore Special
    2003 Eddy Merckx Team SC - stolen
    2001 Colnago Ovalmaster Stars and Stripes

We got our 2009 Fit Sport Monday. It's "Milano Red" - very pretty fire engine red. DH met me at Cartelligent, riding his bike from work and we just stuck the bike in the back without even taking the wheel off. Very cool!

DH wants to get a small trailer for bikes and gear for when we go camping. Otherwise, we'll probably use a rear hitch rack for bikes as well.

We went to the local Honda dealer last week and the guy was SO grumpy: "6 month wait minimum for 2009. You have to put $1000 down. It will be $2000 over MSRP." Nice sales pitch!!! I called Cartelligent and we had the exact car we wanted in less than a week. That's our second car from them and I won't go back to a dealer. They're only in CA, unfortunately.
    Sarah

When it's easy, ride hard; when it's hard, ride easy.

2011 Volagi Liscio
    2010 Pegoretti Love #3 "Manovelo"
    2011 Mercian Vincitore Special
    2003 Eddy Merckx Team SC - stolen
    2001 Colnago Ovalmaster Stars and Stripes

For true connoisseurs of cars and speed, I advise you to look at the reviews on the new Lamborghini, I almost went crazy with beauty and convenience. Now each model is better than the previous one, but this car always remains at its best. The speed is crazy at the same time. It is protected by all new technologies that can cope with all roads and slopes. Acceleration in a matter of seconds, and from this, there is trembling on the skin. Super easy!