Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Cycling the Cascades

To disable ads, please log-in.

Hi All - I'm interested in getting some feedback from anyone who has biked through the Casades. My husband and I will be doing a bike/camping tour there July 12-19. Our route begins at Stevens Pass and goes to Leavenworth - Chelan - Winthrop -Rockport-Deception Pass and back to Redmond. I've heard great things about how beautiful the area is. What can we expect in the way of elevation and weather? We live on the east coast and rode Utah parks last year so we've had some experience at elevations higher than we have at home. Thanks in advance!

Amy

We are having a spurt of good weather this week and forecasted into next week. You can plan on 70 - 80 on the west side of the mountains and 80 - 90 on the east side.

There will be lots of vacationers - so plan for lots of cars on the roads. And, I hope you have reservations for camp sites. People are into staycations this year due to the high gas prices. It's all I hear about on local news channels.

All in all, it should be a nice vacation for you. Be safe and have a great time!
    We do not take a trip; a trip takes us - John Steinbeck

I'm sorry - I didn't answer your elevation question. Stevens Pass obviously will be the highest elevation. Redmond has some hills and Fidalgo Island and Whidbey Island (connected by Deception Pass) also have hills (especially if you get off the Hwy 20 and ride some of the back roads along the beach communities....which I highly recommend). Have fun!
    We do not take a trip; a trip takes us - John Steinbeck