Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Between the Blue Ridge and the Chesapeake Bay

To disable ads, please log-in.

Quote Originally Posted by Aint Doody View Post
    I can hardly wait for my Bike Friday to come this week! I'll add a picture (if I can figure out how.) Tulip and I will be stylin' on our Fridays at Cycle Zydeco in April.
    Didyagetityet?didyagetityet?didyagetityet??? Second most important question: what color is it? Can't wait to be part of the Bike Friday contingent at CZ in April!

Igotit;Igotit;Igotit! It's the green in a Pocket Rocket. I wanted the screaming yellow, but didn't want to pay the extra $100. I've been out of town on a girls only golf trip. I'll take a picture this week-end and post it. I hope to actually ride it on Sat. I don't have any spare tubes yet, and we have lotsa goatheads in Eastern OR. Won't we be cute at Cycle Zydeco????

PS--that stock bottle cage had to go. It pokes me right under the knee cap every time I get on. Got me a carbon fiber one cheap at Performance. Do y'all have that problem?
    Last edited by Aint Doody; 11-14-2008 at 03:31 PM.
    Tis better to wear out than to rust out....

PS--that stock bottle cage had to go. It pokes me right under the knee cap every time I get on. Got me a carbon fiber one cheap at Performance. Do y'all have that problem?
    Nope! Have never noticed that. CONGRATS on your new Friday! Can't wait to see photos!
    Emily

2011 Jamis Dakar XC "Toto" - Selle Italia Ldy Gel Flow
    2007 Trek Pilot 5.0 WSD "Gloria" - Selle Italia Diva Gel Flow
    2004 Bike Friday Petite Pocket Crusoe - Selle Italia Diva Gel Flow

Here's my new Bike Friday. My friend who took the picture isn't the greatest photographer. She took a couple, but they were both fuzzy. Anyway the new Friday feels just like I'm on my Trek Pilot. They do a great job in Eugene, OR, and after seeing that some of the airlines are now charging $175, I'm really glad I got her.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PC130003.jpg 
Views:	195 
Size:	70.3 KB 
ID:	7918  

What a cute bike! I have never actually seen a Friday in the "Green Gear Green" before yours, but I like it a lot! I'm rather partial to green anyway, for a variety of reasons -- nature, environment, having green eyes.... You look just darling with it in your red jersey - ready for the Christmas parade!

It is amazing how much they feel like "big bikes" once you're riding 'em, isn't it? Everyone asks us how different they feel (from bikes with normal sized wheels), and we have to tell them -- not much!

ENJOY!!!!
    Emily

2011 Jamis Dakar XC "Toto" - Selle Italia Ldy Gel Flow
    2007 Trek Pilot 5.0 WSD "Gloria" - Selle Italia Diva Gel Flow
    2004 Bike Friday Petite Pocket Crusoe - Selle Italia Diva Gel Flow

Ooooohhh. I love the green!

They are all gorgeous and I want one. Any color.

Pam

Western Canada-prairies, mountain & ocean
    Gee...this is giving me ideas. But right now, I have to restrain myself. However there have been several situations in the past few months, where a folding bike would have been less headache to transport a bike around with less cost to do some cycling for weekened getaway several hundred kms. away.

My partner bought a folding bike, then I just recently I found out one of my sisters and her hubby bought folding bikes....they wanted alternate activities to complement their kayaking trips. And another guy who got his folding bike...he's done several touring trips in Europe before this latest purchase. 'Course the receptionist at work, cycles to work on her folding bike..just a short 5 kms. away.

Feels like a trend here..
    Last edited by shootingstar; 11-16-2008 at 09:59 PM.

And here is my Bike Friday - in Power Raspberry. His name is "Pegasus" - because he flies . . . BF kindly put his name on the frame.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SANY0012.jpg 
Views:	170 
Size:	155.6 KB 
ID:	7934  
    Last edited by alimey; 11-17-2008 at 07:21 AM. Reason: adding photo

Wow! 2 new Fridays since I looked!! The Pocket Rocket looks zippy, and I LOVE the Power Raspberry (that was a close 2nd choice behind my Purple!). What model is Pegasus? A NWT or a Crusoe (like mine!), I would guess...

We just got back from San Diego with ours (yep, we flew them all the way across the country for a week!). Southwest still doesn't charge for a 2nd bag, and they have it written into their policies that a Bike Friday in its case flies as a regular bag for free.

We had a great time riding them - it really made the trip - and there's NO WAY we would have paid to fly out full sized bikes because we just weren't sure. I took the ferry over to Coronado - there's a great bike path out there. DH rode every day. Totally worth it, IMO. And yeah - San Diego is awesome for riding. There are bike lanes and bike paths EVERYWHERE, and drivers (as a whole) were very well behaved as compared to here. The bike paths even have signs directing you to major destinations (e.g. take this path to go downtown). Very cool!

The only down sides: 1) lugging 2 giant suitcases through the airport and 2) TSA kindly took most of our packing materials off the bikes and then just threw them back loose in the case. I think we'll have to re-think the best packing strategy next time - maybe velcro each piece of packing material onto the bike?
    Most days in life don't stand out, But life's about those days that will...

Pegasus is a petite crusoe - but w/ upgraded wheels. It weighs in just under 20lb (without all the tat I usually hang off him) - aero water bottle was trickiest find. But I do wish I could afford a Tikit w/ a Nexus 8spd hub gear. That would be just about the perfect bike to commute around London.

Oooh--I like the raspberry, too. What a colorful picture it would make to have them all together! TSA can certainly be a problem. I had that problem when I took my regular(?) bike with me in the hard case. I got to where I'd put things in ziplock bags, punch a small hole in the bag, and twist-tie the bags to the frame. But BF gives you such nice carrying pouches for the parts that I'd rather use them. Any suggestions?

Also--I haven't yet tried to fit her back into the case. How long would y'all say that takes? I'm sure it'll go faster as I get accustomed to doing it.

But BF gives you such nice carrying pouches for the parts that I'd rather use them. Any suggestions?

Also--I haven't yet tried to fit her back into the case. How long would y'all say that takes? I'm sure it'll go faster as I get accustomed to doing it.
    The problem we had is that TSA pulled off the little plastic paint protectors, dumped the pedals out of their pouch, removed all the felt padding, and then put it all (pedals too) back in the case loose. I think I'm going to try attaching each piece with a strip of velcro - make it more difficult to remove. Not sure if it will work, but it really looked like they just dumped our stuff for the heck of it.

For the first time you pack it - plan on about an hour. It takes me ~45 minutes from bike with rack to completely packed now.

CA

Oh look at the cute little Fridays!! I would love to get one for traveling but I can't justify it since we most drive. But one day I will be able to. Just stinks that DH would need one too.
    Amanda

2011 Specialized Epic Comp 29er | Specialized Phenom | "Marie Laveau"
    2007 Cannondale Synapse Carbon Road | Selle Italia Lady Gel Flow | "Miranda"

You don't have to be great to get started, but you do have to get started to be great. -Lee J. Colan

Quote Originally Posted by Aggie_Ama View Post
    Oh look at the cute little Fridays!! I would love to get one for traveling but I can't justify it since we most drive. But one day I will be able to. Just stinks that DH would need one too.
    You could always get a tandem Or, they make one that works as a tandem, and you can take the "back" off to make a single

Seriously - we travel with ours in the car quite a bit too. It's nice to be able to store them (securely) inside. You also don't take the mileage hit!

CA