Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

I can do newbie stuff even though I'm not so new!

To disable ads, please log-in.

I didn't fall doing it, but I sure did feel like a clutz!

We were on an MUT, and needed to take an "exit ramp" to get up to the street that would take us home. It was a U-turn. The first time we took this turn, a year or so ago, I unclipped my left foot, as is my habit, and had a close call, since this is a right turn, and way too tight to make with that foot in the pedal.

Remembering that, I thought carefully and unclipped my right foot to make this tight U-turn. I ended up stopped, and trying to push off again, with my right foot on the ground and my left clipped in.

I could NOT get started! Honest to Pete, I had to unclip my left foot, put it on the ground, clip my right foot, and THEN I could finally push off and get rolling again! I just couldn't believe it! Yes, of course I had an audience. DH had gone on ahead and was nearly to the turn off into the park with the pit stop (he just couldn't go before we left the coffee shop! had to carry those four cups of coffee two miles first!) Since he was in a hurry, he'd missed my less than lovely turn, and wanted to know what the heck????

Karen in Boise

You should have seen me walk an overpass because I could not make the tight turn (was afraid I'd succumb to my toe overlap) - in front of my tri club mates .

I refused to feel like a dork.
    It's a little secret you didn't know about us women. We're all closet Visigoths.

2008 Roy Hinnen O2 - Selle SMP Glider
    2009 Cube Axial WLS - Selle SMP Glider
    2007 Gary Fisher HiFi Plus - Specialized Alias

clipping out and looking clutzy is better than falling!

We all have our moments, just laugh it off and be grateful you did not fall on top of it all. That to me would be far more embarrassing.

Quote Originally Posted by Kano View Post
    I didn't fall doing it, but I sure did feel like a clutz!

We were on an MUT, and needed to take an "exit ramp" to get up to the street that would take us home. It was a U-turn. The first time we took this turn, a year or so ago, I unclipped my left foot, as is my habit, and had a close call, since this is a right turn, and way too tight to make with that foot in the pedal.

Remembering that, I thought carefully and unclipped my right foot to make this tight U-turn. I ended up stopped, and trying to push off again, with my right foot on the ground and my left clipped in.

I could NOT get started! Honest to Pete, I had to unclip my left foot, put it on the ground, clip my right foot, and THEN I could finally push off and get rolling again! I just couldn't believe it! Yes, of course I had an audience. DH had gone on ahead and was nearly to the turn off into the park with the pit stop (he just couldn't go before we left the coffee shop! had to carry those four cups of coffee two miles first!) Since he was in a hurry, he'd missed my less than lovely turn, and wanted to know what the heck????

Karen in Boise
    Holistic Health Coach and Licensed Massage Therapist
    http://mandalatree.healthcoach.integ...nutrition.com/