Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

To disable ads, please log-in.

Come on up to Tahoe. Our air is finally clear. I hope it lasts.

We aren't having dangerous air this year, which is terrific, but it's been remarkably hazy here for the last few weeks, and our "smoke" is courtesy of the Callifornia fires -- Thanks for sharing, ladies!

(Last year, DH started bike commuting to work, but then the air went bad due to fires around us, and heh wound up driving his car all summer instead. This year, he's even riding in the rare event of rain!)

Karen in Boise

Sheesh, we're socked in with smoke again. I think this summer is taking years off of my lungs.

Yeah we haven't had great air here all week. Finally a bit better. We went to Pollock Pines to get the kid from camp yesterday, and it was pretty smoky on the way. They're in a bit of a valley high up there by Desolation Wilderness, so they had decent air for camp.
    Sarah

When it's easy, ride hard; when it's hard, ride easy.

2011 Volagi Liscio
    2010 Pegoretti Love #3 "Manovelo"
    2011 Mercian Vincitore Special
    2003 Eddy Merckx Team SC - stolen
    2001 Colnago Ovalmaster Stars and Stripes

The smoke seems to be blowing to the east here today. Looking up towards the mountains in the Tahoe direction, it looks horrible. When I got up this morning, it smelled smoky, but I took off towards the west on my bike and it was almost perfectly clear just a few miles down the hill. By the time I got home, it was pretty much clear here in Pollock Pines too. This is definitely the summer of smoke. I noted on my calendar that the first really bad smoke day here was June 22, so it's already been over a month of bad air quality. I'm probably going to end up with emphysema from riding in it.