Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Thread: Cycle NC 2008

Cycle NC 2008

To disable ads, please log-in.

DH and I are thinking about doing this ride this year - 1 week from Black Mountain to Oak Island. Anybody had any experiences (good or bad) with it? Anybody else going?

CA
    Most days in life don't stand out, But life's about those days that will...

Between the Blue Ridge and the Chesapeake Bay
    I have no experience with it, but I'm intrigued. Is it a camping/touring (self-supported) or sagged? Do you have any link I could take a look at?

Bike Virginia starts this weekend! Whoo-hoo, and I end up in Asheville to visit my mom and brother.

tulip-

Here's the link: http://www.ncsports.org/cncevent1.php

It's sagged (and there is bus service to help retrieve vehicles at the beginning or end). Sounds good - but I've seen a couple of comments about it being slightly disorganized. I've heard great things about Bike VA - but that wasn't in the cards this year

CA

Sounds like fun...maybe I could try to plan for this year or maybe next... great way to see NC I'm sure...on the eastern coast...

Kerry

Hey Carrie Anne!!!!!

I don't know much about this tour - except that it is very much geared for the recreational/touring cyclist.

If you come this way you better look me up chick!!!!!

I will be in Glacier National Park riding in early August - otherwise I am here.

Debi aka gowest
    "Character cannot be developed in ease and quiet - only through experience of trial and suffering can the soul be strengthened, ambition inspired and success achieved" - Helen Keller

Somehow I got on an email list for this ride and got notification today that there is a Week-end Ride in April. It sounds intriguing indeed, but I'm headed to Cycle Zydeco. It appears the week-end ride is about 750 people, but I cannot find a cost. Then you choose the length of ride you want to do each day, I think. The website is sorta vague on this. I'd like to hear about it, too, because I may be able to talk my 2 sisters (one in SC and one in FL) into doing this in 2010. Anybody know?
    Tis better to wear out than to rust out....

I opted out of it this year because I wasn't wild about the route. I haven't heard of the weekend ride in April, but I guess I'll be at Zydeco then anyways. If the route is more appealing next October, I might do it.

Maybe after Zydeco this year we can see if we want to do that in 2010. It appears that it's 3 days and your choice of different distances each day. And apparently it moves around. But I couldn't find anything about a cost. Guess I'll check back on Mon. just to see.

And, Tulip, what about Bike VA? How was that?
    Tis better to wear out than to rust out....

Bike Virginia is always wonderful--well for the last two years that I've done it. We've already booked the motels for 2009. Very well organized and lots of fun.

We opted out this year because of the route too.

There's usually a Spring Retreat attached to Cycle NC - I'm guessing that's what you've heard of. Here's the info: http://www.ncsports.org/cncevent2.php I've never done it, but I've heard good things ETA: Doesn't look like they've put cost info up yet. You could always contact them and ask about a ballpark.

CA