Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

UPF/SPF Clothing for Non-Cycling

To disable ads, please log-in.

My husband and I just returned from the beach and I have a little more to remember thanks to a nasty sunburn. I sunscreened more than once with a sunscreen I have had luck with in the past.

I want an SPF pull over for being out of the water. Anyone have suggestions, one you are fond of? I would prefer something semi-relaxed to pull over my bathing suit and wear with shorts. This will be for summer in Texas so the lighter weight the better.
    Amanda

2011 Specialized Epic Comp 29er | Specialized Phenom | "Marie Laveau"
    2007 Cannondale Synapse Carbon Road | Selle Italia Lady Gel Flow | "Miranda"

You don't have to be great to get started, but you do have to get started to be great. -Lee J. Colan

I really like this: http://www.teamestrogen.com/products.asp?pID=34428

It's cute, it's very cool in the heat, wicks like crazy, and it doesn't look like a sunshirt (even though it is).
    Last edited by KnottedYet; 06-17-2008 at 04:36 AM.
    "If Americans want to live the American Dream, they should go to Denmark." - Richard Wilkinson

A_A,

sunprecautions.com has some beach pullovers and other UPF clothing that might fit the bill. I have several of their products. They are expensive, but they seem to last.

Knot,

Does the SB shirt cause a funky smell? I have several stretchy athletic-type SPF shirts (Craft, RRS, NB, Nike) and I always end up pretty stinky when wearing them. That doesn't happen with my SPF shirts from Solumbra and Ex Officio that are more like hiking shirts.

Alex

haven't noticed any smell from mine. usually I wear wool, so I'm used to no smell at all. If my Shebeest develops and odor I will certainly notice it. (I'll let y'all know)
    "If Americans want to live the American Dream, they should go to Denmark." - Richard Wilkinson

Hold onto your wallet! But I LOVE my Solumbra clothing. It is light, very well ventilated, and you do not burn in it! And it is durable too. Washes easily in the sink and dries fast for travel. Nice colors - I get compliments. You will like it. Tokie

Anyone have experience with Coolibar? I did a search on Solumbra and found them. They seem a little less expensive.
    Amanda

2011 Specialized Epic Comp 29er | Specialized Phenom | "Marie Laveau"
    2007 Cannondale Synapse Carbon Road | Selle Italia Lady Gel Flow | "Miranda"

You don't have to be great to get started, but you do have to get started to be great. -Lee J. Colan

I do not know if you have tried the Coloumbia Sportswear co. Team High Road is now sponsored by them. (How lucky are they?) I have used their "fishing" shirts as over shirts for hiking and generally being outdoors in the summer. For hiking, my "undershirt" is something like a good wicking tee. Now that they are making them, I might check into a mountain bike jersey. They are lightweight. There are light colors and they have vents in the back.

I think LLBean sells something similar in their travel wear sections.

I hope this helps.

Ellen