Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

To disable ads, please log-in.

Here's the Mapquest link to Paddy Coyne's. It's very easy from where you are. See you Monday night!

http://www.mapquest.com/maps/map.adp...y=US&geodiff=1

Looking at all the love there that's sleeping
    Great!
    I'll try to get to Paddy's for 6 (I'll be in brown).
    Teigyr...I fly out Friday at 7 a.m. Bummer I'll miss you, too.
    Jocelyn - I have your VM with your # - and you have mine (texting is beyond my technical capabilities...sorry! ). I'll call if there are any issues.....I may be able to post at lunch....
    See you soon!
    2007 Seven ID8 - Bontrager InForm
    2003 Klein Palomino - Terry Firefly (?)
    2010 Seven Cafe Racer - Bontrager InForm
    2008 Cervelo P2C - Adamo Prologue Saddle

OK, I should be there by 6 too; and, in keeping with the Irish theme, I'll be in black and tan - easier to ID me lately by looking for the gray/black brace on right wrist...see ya...
    Mary

I'm wearing a red top and gray pants. see you at 6!

East meets West coast TE ...

(well, a tiny contingent anyway!)
    Just got home from a delightful visit in our fair city with 7rider and jocelynlf. Here's a pic of the 3 of us, after we had the waitstaff clear away all of 7rider's beer bottles...sheesh, that girl can put it away
    I'm glad we had a chance to meet up and chat and hopefully you'll have a great week in Seattle, R - maybe even get some work done too?
    Thanks, jocelyn, for pulling this together (and I told 7rider to call YOU, if she awakens at 3AM again! )

7rider, I'm praying and pulling for your rider friend Terry too; I hope he keeps recovering and regaining his health.
    Tailwinds!
    Mary

l-r: 7rider, jocelynlf, MM_QFC!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	7rider.jocelynlf.MM.QFC!.jpg 
Views:	192 
Size:	84.2 KB 
ID:	6321  

Mary, what a fantastic picture!!! I am so sad I had to miss it. And a collection of beer bottles is nothing to be ashamed of And black & tan...it gladdens my Irish heart.

7rider, I hope we get another chance to meet up. I hope you had fun here!!! I would have felt intimidated amongst the Seven riders because it IS my dream bike after all. It's too bad I will be asleep when you leave on friday but if anything changes, let me know.

jocelynlf, maybe another time? I will have to look up the pub where you all met. We have a horrible pub vice and are always on the lookout for another one. We will have to see if your beer bottle collection can match DH's. I'm somehow doubting not...

Good morning!
    Yes, I must be adjusting. I managed to sleep until 5 this morning! WooHoo!
    Or...maybe it was that 20 ouncer!
    Was wonderful to meet you guys. Always fun to put faces (and voices) to screen names and avatars. Thanks for coming out to play!
    Thanks for the kind wishes for Terry, Mary. Continued healing to you, too. I really hope they throw the book at the driver and that things work out well for you both. (I told DH about your beautiful bike this morning - he was asleep when I tried calling last night - and we both mourn for it.)
    Back into the salt mines of meetings and workshops.

On 2nd thought, 7rider, if you do wake up in the middle of the night - call Teigyr!!! (see her posting time!)...
    Also, Teigyr - yeah, you guys would like Paddy's, f'sure.
    Jocelyn gave 7rider quite a few tips about the So Lake Union neighborhood offerings, as well as the location of REI's flagship store...plus effusive suggestions to ride the S.L.U.T. - oops, streetcar
    7rider, I'll be heading to SeaTac on Thursday evening, (Linda's Mom is coming in @9 - to visit her and help with Linda's dinner/silent auction fundraiser for our AIDS ride in NY this Saturday), so I can meet up for dinner again before you leave if that works...just lemme know.
    Mary

That sounds good, Mary.
    Let me see what's going on with the group and I'll give you a shout.

7rider, it was great meeting you. Have a great time in Seattle, and please pass on our well-wishes for Terry and his family.

Quote Originally Posted by teigyr View Post
    I would have felt intimidated amongst the Seven riders because it IS my dream bike after all.
    I'm too much of a newbie to know any better. Except that ti is lustrous, and that Sevens are some pretty incredible bikes. Either way, I'm not planning on turning my Rodriguez into a rain bike anytimes soon, like MM_QFC's.

We will have to see if your beer bottle collection can match DH's. I'm somehow doubting not...
    Probably not, I'm a lightweight these days. And the only bottle I keep is one of the last Rolling Rocks to come out of Latrobe. Kinda bummed I couldn't find one of those little old 7-oz. Pony bottles, though. Those were classic.

'lo

My schedule is divine for me but impractical for the outside world. I am working 3:30pm - 2am mon-thurs. So early afternoon coffee or a friday to sunday meet-up is good but other than that, I'm thinking nobody but DH wants to see me at 3am?

Dang. Unless (ahem) you leave from the airport on a monday - thursday! I am generally up for getting out when I can though it has to be onsite.
    Hey, just realized that Linda and I will be at SeaTac tonight...picking up both her Mother and Goddaughter @9:30...will you be on-site or off flying stuff somewhere?

Hey, and I was at Sea-Tac last Thursday nite, bored, for *hours*.... I thought about texting you Teigyr, and I guess I should have!
    "If Americans want to live the American Dream, they should go to Denmark." - Richard Wilkinson

We had a lovely, yummy farewell-for-now dinner with 7rider, then a quick, fun visit with ready-to-race-in-the-Saturday-sprint-triathlon-Teigyr...she'll have a great time tomorrow, I'm sure!

Greetings from Denver Airport, as I venture back east.
    Dinner last night was very yummy. And thanks for treating, too!
    My treat when you guys are in D.C.!
    Hope your dinner party goes great tomorrow.
    Thanks for welcoming me to Seattle, everyone. I hope next time I can get on a bike. Except for the looooong hours spent in meetings, it was actually a wonderful trip (with LOTS of food - which is a big reason for wanting to spend some time on a bike!!! ).
    Until next time......